Soak up the essence of Italy during this once-in-a-lifetime trip. Discover hidden gems around every corner of Italy’s charming cities, stroll along cobblestone streets while taking in the smell of roasting espresso beans and freshly wood-fired pizza, and hear the sounds of church bells as they ring across the piazza. In Italy, you will explore ancient sites, bask in world-renowned artistic masterpieces, and taste local delicacies such as artisan olive oil and regional wines from the many vineyards...
Rome – Arrive in Rome and Explore the Trastevere district
Rome is the eternal city, and there is no better start to your highlights of Italy tour than the country’s famed capital. Here, you will stroll the cobblestone streets, visit the numerous cathedrals that dot the many historic squares, marvel at hidden art masterpieces by artists like Caravaggio, and have your wishes come true by tossing a coin into the Trevi fountain.
You will arrive at Fiumicino International Airport, where your private transfer will greet you in the arrivals area and transport you to your centrally located and luxurious accommodation. Once you have checked in, you can relax into the slower Italian daily rhythm as you take your time to explore some charming neighborhoods on your first day in Rome. You will begin along Rome’s main shopping avenue, the Via del Corso, where you can explore designer boutiques and relax with an aperitivo, which is sort of an Italian version of Happy Hour, which allows you to sip on cool cocktails and nibble on traditional Italian appetizers.
After some window-shopping, it will be time to cross the Tiber River to the Trastevere district, which is one of Rome’s medieval neighborhoods. Trastevere will come alive at night with Roman locals and with no shortage of bars, cafes, and restaurants to enjoy. You can savor the authentic, Roman cuisine and enjoy a pre or post-dinner stroll in the cool evening around the palaces that dot the neighborhood, taking in the sounds of lively conversation, clinking wine glasses, and the melodies of live music. Lastly for today, you can admire the skyline views of Rome with its glittering city lights from Janiculum Hill.
Rome – Discover Ancient Rome
Rome – Crossing Borders to Vatican City
Florence – Art & Architecture Capital of Italy
Florence – Day trip to a Typical Tuscan Town
Venice – Less-Visited Islands of Murano & Burano
Venice – St. Mark’s Square
- Explore Ancient Rome with an expert guide, diving underground beneath the Coliseum floor, navigating together the maze of passageways in this restricted access area
- Shop designer boutiques along the exclusive Via del Corso in Rome, wandering down the nearby narrow alleys that are overflowing with inviting shops and cafes
- Traverse the world’s smallest sovereign state, Vatican City, while marveling at the largest church in the world of St. Peter’s Basilica
- Savor homemade gelato, artisan olive oil, and world-class wines from your table at the edge of the piazza during the daily aperitivo, which is a relaxing evening cocktail-hour
- Immerse yourself in Renaissance Art in Florence’s world-renowned galleries, roaming through endless rooms of creative masterpieces
- Bask in the sunset over Florence from the romantic Piazzale Michelangelo, watching as the sky changes into pink and purple hues, which will be reflected in the Arno river below you
- Sail through the canals of Venice on a relaxed Gondola ride as your Gondolier serenades you with the sounds of traditional Italian folk music
- Learn the art of glass blowing in a private class on the island of Murano, and be inspired to create a colorful creation of your own
$2,501 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on 4402 reviews.
Reviewed By Elissa T.
Reviewed By Jean D.
Reviewed By Carol R.
Reviewed By Fabio G.
Reviewed By Carl P.
Reviewed By Jean L.