From Berlin’s history to fairytale castles and from Black Forest spas to glamorous Hamburg, this 12-day Germany tour for seniors has been handcrafted to provide luxury and laid-back charm. Gasp at ancient wonders, immerse yourself in medieval settings, and uncover the secrets of major cities. Over 12 days, you will discover the entire country, from past to present and from east to west.
Munich - Settling Into Munich
Bavaria’s capital is a perfect first stop for senior travelers who are visiting Germany. It is more laid-back than any other German city, and many of the top sights are concentrated in a charming central zone. There are also a variety of places to dine. A local guide will greet you at the airport and transfer you to your accommodation in the city. You will then go on a short orientation tour that will allow you to get to know the iconic central streets and their history. This will be a tailored introduction that can continue into the evening if you wish to be active.
Munich - Exploring Hidden Sites
Munich - Day Trip to Neuschwanstein
Freiburg - Transfer through the Bavarian Alps
Freiburg - Medieval Enchantment and Gothic Wonder
Baden-Baden - The Black Forest and Spa Town
Hamburg - Scenic Landscapes and Relaxation
Hamburg - Changing Histories
Berlin - Berlin’s Glamorous Side
Berlin - Through East and West Neighborhoods
Berlin - A Beautiful Day in Prussia
Berlin - Departure
- Uncover Berlin’s intriguing history during a private tour of east and west with a local historian
- Lay back in Germany’s pre-eminent spa town of Baden-Baden after a day of exploring the Black Forest
- Explore the fine highlights of Hamburg, which is a city that is always at the top of the list for senior travelers returning to Germany
- Immerse yourself in fairytales with a day of castles and King Ludwig II in Bavaria
- Discover the culture and medieval beauty of Freiburg, which is a great place for a slow stroll through history
- Celebrate the best of Munich with three nights in the Bavarian capital, including hidden sites, famous palaces, and many local experiences
- Sit back and admire German landscapes, including a day in the Bavarian Alps and a journey through the Rhine Valley
- Be wowed by what remains of Potsdam, which is a decorous Prussian city that is now mostly an ode to a forgotten time
- Travel privately throughout your trip and enjoy customized tours that can be tailored to your interests and energy levels
- Hotels are carefully picked for their quality and location, so you do not need to walk far to see the highlights
$4,675 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.88 stars based on
Reviewed By Betsy G.
Reviewed By TK O.
Reviewed By Paul P.
Reviewed By Sara M.
Reviewed By patrick d.
Reviewed By peter g.