Immerse yourself in an evocative and ever-changing past on the ultimate 11-day tour of Germany’s history. From Hitler’s Bunker to Hamburg’s port and from Ludwig II’s castle to medieval enchantment, discover fabulous stories with local guides and look beyond the tourist trail. This adventure includes medieval Regensburg, Baroque Dresden, the best of Berlin and Bavaria, plus two nights in Hamburg.
Munich - Munich’s Bavarian History
You will arrive in Munich and transfer to your accommodation in the old city before having some time to rest and relax. This afternoon, you will explore the city’s history on a privately guided tour that mixes iconic stops with hidden sights. First, you will head for Marienplatz and its lively splendor. Here, you can admire the Glockenspiel, explore the old food market, and start to understand the fabulous Rococo ornamentation at Asamkirche. There is a great collection of old German art at Alte Pinakothek to finish your tour, and your guide can provide you with recommendations on German bars for a famous Bavarian beer.
Munich - Palaces and Gardens in Old Munich
Regensburg - Hidden German History
Fussen - King Ludwig II and His Famous Castle
Berlin - Crossing Germany From South to North
Berlin - Iconic Sights and War History
Berlin - Discovering Both Sides of the Old Wall
Berlin - The Baroque Wonder of Dresden
Hamburg - One of the World’s Most Historic Ports
Hamburg - Ancient Masters and Slow Wandering
Hamburg - Departure
- Immerse yourself in Berlin’s recent history with a local guide that leads you through neighborhoods on both sides of the old wall
- Gasp at King Ludwig II’s fairytale castle and discover other beautiful fortresses in the Bavarian Alps
- Discover Europe’s finest old port during a half-day cruise in UNESCO World Heritage Hamburg
- Venture off the beaten path to Regensburg, which is the best-preserved and least damaged of all Germany’s medieval cities
- Embrace the Baroque beauty of Dresden on a privately-guided day trip from Berlin
- Start your historical musing with two days in Munich, where glamorous old architecture sets the scene for so many tales
- Uncover Berlin’s secrets with a local guide, including the site of Hitler’s bunker and many other intriguing 20th-century tales
$3,295 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.88 stars based on 365 reviews.
Reviewed By Kenneth F.
Reviewed By Jacie D.
Reviewed By Nancy C.
Reviewed By Kristine S.
Reviewed By Theodore C.
Reviewed By Nazanin S.