Well off the beaten path of major European cities, this 13-day tour of Colmar, Nancy, Strasbourg, and Reims will show you a side of France that is missed by those who never leave the capital. This tour offers guided explorations of the cuisine, history, and architecture in each region you visit. You will also enjoy an abundance of leisure time to ensure your ability to chart your own course through each stunning setting.
Zurich – Beginning Your Tour
The legendary Swiss city of Zurich will be yours to enjoy on this inaugural day of your tour. Upon your arrival at this vibrant metropolis, a convenient transfer will ensure your smooth journey from the main airport to your lush hotel. An excellent ambassador of both the illustrious past and the stunning present, Zurich will be yours to enjoy in the afternoon and will present you with an excellent opportunity to find your pace among the winding lanes and tall church steeples of the scenic town.
Colmar – An Orientation to Little Venice
Colmar – The Cultural Heart of Alsace Lorraine
Colmar – Village-Hopping Through France
Colmar – Sipping Through the Noble Valley
Colmar – Exploring the Origins of Munster Cheese
Strasbourg – A Germanic Reputation
Strasbourg – The Alsatian History of Viticulture
Nancy – Venturing Through the City Center
Reims – A UNESCO World Heritage Site
Reims – The Heart of French Champagne Production
Reims – In the Footsteps of Dom Perignon
Reims – Departing the Storybook Setting
- Explore the unique blend of past and present that appears in abundance in the city center of Zurich, where a hip and artsy street culture mixes with medieval and Renaissance architecture
- Plunge into the charming neighborhoods of Colmar, where half-timbered houses are punctuated by picturesque canals
- Stretch your legs on a walking tour of Colmar and immerse yourself in the community's winemaking heritage and history
- Village-hop your way through the scenic communities of Pays de Barr on a full-day tour of the region's many wineries, scenic overlooks, and rustic villages
- Witness the proud tradition of cheese making during a visit to the Munster valley, where you can sample the region's namesake cheeses during a visit to a family-owned dairy
- Stand in the shadow of Strasbourg's main cathedral and ponder the illustrious past of a region that blends both a German and French heritage into something completely unique
- Amble through the northern wine regions of Alsace during a guided wine tour of the many vineyards that texture the countryside and sample the famous Kougelhopf cake
- Enjoy the medieval heritage and architecture of Nancy on an Art Nouveau walking tour of the city center
- Establish yourself at Reims and use the charming city as a launchpad into the abundant and savory champagne that is produced in the regions of Northern France
$5,065 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.6 stars based on 109 reviews.
Reviewed By Loeta T.
Reviewed By Charlene C.
Reviewed By Laurie M.
Reviewed By Deborah W.
Reviewed By Lauren B.
Reviewed By Donna K.