The architecture will be nearly as splendid as the mountains during this 14-day tour. Whether you love the alpine air or find classical music soothing, enjoy hiking or prefer the taste of a flavorful beer on a hot day, your tour of Germany, Switzerland, and Austria will immerse you in natural wonder and a welcoming culture.
Trier – Germany’s Oldest City
Trier is Germany’s oldest town, with its first inhabitants settling in the region approximately 16,000 years ago. Your flight will descend into Trier-Fohren Airport, and you see the expanse of lush grass and sporadic verdant trees across the landscape. Your private transfer will meet you at baggage claim and escort you into the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Site that includes Roman monuments, thermal baths, and the oldest bishop’s church and Gothic church in the country. The city center is reserved for pedestrians, which allows you to stroll along the Baroque and Gothic buildings at your leisure.
Trier – Historical Streets of Trier
Baden-Baden – A Day at Leisure
Murren – Tour Farmhouses and Mills
Murren – The Swiss Alps
Murren – The Berner Oberland Region
Munich – Mountains, Lakes, and Castles
Munich – Tour of Munich
Salzburg – The Castles of King Ludwig
Salzburg – Culture and History
Hallstatt – Boat Cruise around the Lake
Vienna – Mauthausen Concentration Camp
Vienna – Walking Tour of Vienna
Vienna – Departure
- Stroll along the opulent and grandiose walls of the Neuschwanstein Castle celebrated for its fairytale qualities and prominent position above the forest
- Discover the hidden glacial waterfalls near Murren as you take an elevator into the mountain for a look at the thundering cascades
- Visit one of Munich’s celebrated beer halls for an immersive experience of the Bavarian culture
- Stroll along the cobblestone streets and half-timbered buildings of Germany’s oldest town, Triers, and visit the nearby Burg Eltz Castle
- Indulge in the soothing waters of the natural baths in luxurious Baden-Baden
- Trek the fabulous alpine trails outside Murren for unparalleled panoramic views of the Swiss Alps and Lotschen Valley
- Witness the musical and classical ambiance of the riverside Austrian city of Salzburg, birthplace of Mozart
- Discover the painted skeletons of Hallstatt for insight into a cultural artifact of the mountains
- Experience the elegance and grace of Austria’s royalty at the Hofburg Palace, home to Austria’s leaders for nearly 800 years
- Step back into the tumultuous Nazi Era Austria with a tour of Mauthausen Concentration Cap and Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Relish the Roman ruins around various towns for an introduction into the first vast settlements of the region
$5,595 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.77 stars based on
Reviewed By Darice A.
Reviewed By Kent P.
Reviewed By Juno H.
Reviewed By Diane K.
Reviewed By Jennifer C.
Reviewed By Carol W.