Celebrating Austria’s off the beaten path treasures, this 12-night luxury Austria tour is an intimate and authentic exploration of a country’s culture and nature. Avoiding crowded tourist hot spots you will travel into the real Austria, where dazzling scenery and old-world atmospheres provide a welcome break from standard European travel. Welcome to the cultures the world doesn’t really know about.
Bregenz - Relax on Lake Constance
Most luxury Austrian cultural tours focus on the famous sights, located on the popular touristic route between Vienna and Salzburg. These 12 days will take you in a very different direction, on an experiential journey into Austria’s lesser-known regional cultures. After flying to Zurich you will be greeted by a guide and transferred over the border to Bregenz, on the shores of Lake Constance. This afternoon you will visit the excellent Rolls-Royce Museum in Dornbirn, then catch some contemporary art in Kunsthaus Bregenz. Dine overlooking the lake this evening, as you slowly get used to the Vorarlberg region.
Montafon - Traditional Cheese
Montafon - Enchanting Spa Retreat
Montafon - Natural Alpine Roller-Coaster
Innsbruck - Habsburg History and Culture
Zillertal Valley - The Best of Tyrolean Traditions
Zillertal Valley - The Landscapes of Zillertal
Zillertal Valley - The Famed Eagle Walk
Salzburg - The Sounds of Mozart
Day 10 - 11
Graz - Authentic Styrian Culture
Graz - Departure
- Gain an intimate perspective on Mozart and Austria’s musical traditions, during a day of sounds and sights in Salzburg
- Escape to the Alps and three days of alpine bliss in Montafon, where local culture dictates a day in the spa and lots of time walking the mountains
- Immerse yourself in Tyrolean traditions, including a monastery turned museum showcasing nine centuries of local art
- Hike along part of the magnificent Eagle Walk, with one of Europe’s finest alpine footpaths providing a real dose of Tyrolean landscapes
- Complete your Austrian journey with two days in Styria, where World Heritage mingles with local culture and there are very few other tourists
- Lounge around Lake Constance and take in vintage cars at the Rolls Royce Museum, with these two highlights part of your first day in Bregenz
- Explore culture through food as you go cheese tasting and discover regional delicacies throughout Austria’s different regions
$7,195 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.84 stars based on
Reviewed By Diane D.
Reviewed By Betsy G.
Reviewed By Danielle D.
Reviewed By Mary B.
Reviewed By Darrell S.
Reviewed By Iris F.