Culture, wildlife, and wilderness immerse you in splendor during your 14-day Australia highlights tour for seniors. Koalas will cling to eucalyptus trees and kangaroos will bounce past your view. The Red Centre will glow at sunrise while the alleys of Melbourne brim with lively cafes. Your customizable tour will travel at your preferred pace as you discover the diverse and unparalleled highlights of Australia.
Melbourne - A Cultural Welcome Along the Beach
It is impossible not to feel a little jet-lagged when flying into Australia. For most travelers, this giant cut-off island is as far as you can fly. Melbourne is a relaxed and easy-going city for getting over the switch in time zones. There is life at all hours of the day, from people strolling the beach at sunrise to enclaves of shops and restaurants staying open into the night. Scattered over a vast area, Melbourne is Australia’s most artistic and cultural city, with treasures to find in dozens of contrasting neighborhoods. Most visitors quickly feel at home and dive right into exploring it all. This is also a city with many miles of open beaches, so there is something to suit every mood. On your airport transfer, you will be taken to the southern suburbs, and your hotel will look out over the ocean waves with a long promenade for space to stretch your legs after the flight.
Melbourne - Settling Into the Australian Experience
Melbourne - Seeing Kangaroos and Koalas in the Wild
Uluru - The Great Monolith and the Desert Stars
Uluru to Kings Canyon - Exploring Kata Tjuta and Bush Camping
Kings Canyon to Alice Springs - Continuing the Wild Desert Adventure
Cairns to Port Douglas - Between the Rainforest and the Ocean
Port Douglas - Aboriginal Dreaming Day Tour
Port Douglas - Discovering the Great Barrier Reef
Cairns to Sydney - Cruising the Parramatta River
Sydney - Sydney City Tour and the Famous Opera House
Sydney - A Day in the Blue Mountains
Sydney - Relaxing on Legendary Beaches
Sydney - Departure
- Find wild kangaroos and koalas in the forests outside Melbourne
- Experience luxury bush camping with a night beneath the southern stars at Kings Canyon
- Explore the opulent and old architecture of Sydney, then end your day tour at the famous opera house
- Spend three nights in Port Douglas, backdropped by thick rainforest and gazing out towards the Great Barrier Reef
- Gain an intimate connection with local culture, the trip including Aboriginal bush-tucker and painting day as well as the sacred sites of Uluru and Kata Tjuta
- Cruise the Parramatta River through Sydney and cruise to a day on the Great Barrier Reef
- Escape to the Blue Mountains for a day of surreal landscapes and stories
- Melbourne is an artistic and relaxed city, perfect for easing into the vacation
- Experience Australia’s wild red center, including the Devils Marbles and Kings Creek
$9,459 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.84 stars based on
Reviewed By Daniela S.
Reviewed By Dyan D.
Reviewed By Debbie R.
Reviewed By Sharon L.
Reviewed By Joseph A.
Reviewed By Shilpa D.