See the colorful underwater scenes of the Great Barrier Reef, explore the ruby desert of Uluru, and discover the state capitals of Melbourne and Sydney on this 14-day essential tour of Australia. From the charming Mediterranean-style scenes of Port Douglas to the Mars-like desert around Kata Tjuta National Park, the glamorous neighborhoods of Melbourne, and the stunning harbor of Sydney, there is something for everyone to discover in the country.
Port Douglas - Arrive in the Far North of Queensland
Popping into Brisbane and Cairns to catch connecting flights through to Port Douglas, you will catch glimpses of Queensland’s sparkling coastal cities and arrive in the tropical far north of Queensland for a Mediterranean-style escape near the Great Barrier Reef. Your accommodation sits in the vibrant main square of Port Douglas, a chic and relaxed seaside village that provides access to the wonders of Australian land and sea. You may take some time this afternoon and evening to acclimate yourself, wander the neighborhood to glamorous restaurants, and enjoy the seclusion of your stylish courtyard at sunset.
Port Douglas - Authentic Aboriginal Cultural Experience
Port Douglas - Snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef
Port Douglas - Wander Through Daintree Rainforest
Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park - Welcome to the Red Center
Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park - Sunset at Ayers Rock
Melbourne - Modern Charms in Victoria’s Capital
Melbourne - Hidden Treasures in the Busy City
Melbourne - See the Little Blue Penguins of Phillip Island
Sydney - Famous Silhouettes in New South Wales
Sydney - City Highlights Tour on Foot and by Boat
Sydney - Behind the Scenes in the Opera House
Sydney - Set Forth Across the Southern Highlands
Sydney - Leave Sunny Sydney This Morning
- Explore the flourishing rainforest surrounding Port Douglas during an authentic Aboriginal cultural experience led by indigenous locals who will show you their village, where ancient culinary and cultural customs are preserved
- Snorkel Opal, Tongue, and St. Crispin’s Reef on a dazzling underwater discovery of three iconic Great Barrier Reef destinations
- Discover the breadth and depth of Australia’s wilderness diversity as you wander through the Daintree Rainforest and cruise the river in search of fascinating flora and fauna
- Escape to Australia’s Red Center for days of rugged adventure around Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, including a tour of Mutitjulu Waterhole, ancient Aboriginal rock-art sites, and Talinguru Nyakunytjaku
- Wander to the best-kept secrets of Melbourne on an insider's tour of the glamorous boutiques, charming cafés, street-art murals, designer stores, and historic districts
- Stroll through Sydney’s The Rocks historic district to explore the sailors quarters, working-class cottages, and generational architecture that retains its impressive old-world charm
- Set sail across the Darling Harbor on an evening cruise to see the Sydney Opera House, Harbor Bridge, and other stately landmarks peppering the capital of New South Wales’ cityscape
- Step behind the curtains of the Sydney Opera House on an exclusive tour of the landmarks famous hall, orchestra pit, and backstage areas, typically reserved for the greatest artists in the world
$3,495 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.86 stars based on 132 reviews.
Reviewed By Jen W.
Reviewed By Basile T.
Reviewed By donna f.
Reviewed By Cynthia W.
Reviewed By Kara A.
Reviewed By Dilip D.