Plunge into the crystal-clear sea, kayak around secluded waters, and bask in remarkable luxury during your 17-day Australia adventure tour. Discover the majestic outdoors with snorkeling excursions at the Great Barrier Reef and explore ancient legends in Daintree Rainforest. Specialist guides will take you through meandering landscapes in Cradle Mountain National Park while a private picnic on a secluded tropical island will reveal the depth of Australia’s natural diversity.
Port Douglas – Welcome to Tropical North Queensland
Today you will touch down in the tropical east coast city of Cairns followed by a quick onward journey to the gorgeous northern community of Port Douglas – where the Rainforest meets the Reef - and the base for your adventures in spectacular North Queensland. This delightful village has a tropical resort feel and a friendly local community that’s ready to serve up great food, exciting adventures and perhaps even some locally created art from the Aboriginal Daintree Rainforest People – the Kuku Yalanji.
Port Douglas – Diving or Snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef
Port Douglas – Camera’s ready! Another day of diving on the spectacular Great Barrier Reef
Daintree National Park – Entering the otherworldly splendor of the Daintree Rainforest
Daintree National Park – Aboriginal Guided Tour
Daintree National Park – 4WD Rainforest Safari, Sunset River Trip or Fishing for Barramundi
Hamilton Island – Welcome to Tropical Paradise
Hamilton Island – Sail ‘The Whitsundays’ on your Luxury Catamaran
Hamilton Island – Personal Beach Drop off, Sea Kayaking or Golf
Launceston – Heading South to Wild Tasmania
Freycinet National Park – Explore the ‘Heritage Highway’ as you steer towards Freycinet National Park
Freycinet National Park – Kayaking along the Spectacular Coastline
Freycinet National Park – Hiking along ‘The Hazards’ to Wineglass Bay
Cradle Mountain - Lake St Clair National Park – Setting out for the ‘Western Wilderness’
Cradle Mountain - Day of Hiking in Search of Wallabies, Wombats, and More
Sydney – Australia’s most Sparkling City
Sydney – Farewell to Australia
- Experience two unforgettable days diving as you jump right into the inviting waters of the magnificent Great Barrier Reef, the world’s most extensive coral reef ecosystem
- Explore the majesty of the world’s oldest living rainforest in Daintree National Park, and return each night to your luxury treehouse nestled beneath the ancient canopy
- Luxuriate in your private pavilion overlooking the Coral Sea at the multi-award winning Qualia Resort on Hamilton Island, recognized by Conde Nast Traveler in their US Gold List.
- Stretch out on your luxury catamaran as you glide through the turquoise waters of the Whitsunday Islands, and snorkel off Whitehaven beach
- Be Robinson Crusoe for the day as you’re dropped off on your own tropical island complete with a gourmet picnic hamper
- Step back in time as you explore the rich heritage of Tasmania’s colonial past
- Experience Tasmania’s best sea kayaking as you paddle beneath pink granite peaks and spot dolphins and sea eagles along the spectacular Freycinet Peninsula
- Discover a hidden glacial lake as you hike within the sublime World Heritage-listed Lake St. Clair and Cradle Mountain National Park
- Finish with a splash in sparkling Sydney as you explore the hidden vantage points and beaches around the harbor
The spectacular locations that you’ll visit on this trip are absolute showstoppers, and almost all are World Heritage-listed, making this one of our favorite Australian adventures. For 17 thrilling days, you’ll have the opportunity to dive, snorkel, sail, hike and explore the most stunning parts of Australia, along with the truly unique opportunity to learn about the country’s fascinating Aboriginal culture with our local guide – an inimitable, privately guided look at this ancient and peaceful people. Beginning in Tropical North Queensland, you’ll spend two full days diving or snorkeling in the turquoise waters of The Great Barrier Reef, on the lookout for gentle Dugongs and Giant Green Sea Turtles as you swim in awe of the vibrant coral reef beneath you. The reef literally meets the rainforest, and within the Daintree National Park you’ll feel as though you’ve entered a giant’s kingdom as you tread lightly through the ancient rainforest and past tree trunks so wide and gnarled that they provide perfect shelter for the swamp wallabies, bandicoots and mighty cassowaries that roam this special place.
Of course there’s plenty of time to relax as you tuck yourself up in one of only 15 luxury tree-house style ‘bayans’ in the Daintree Eco Lodge and Spa, or in your private pavilion in the five star Qualia Resort on Hamilton Island, a luxury resort on the Gold List of Conde Nast Traveler. This independent trip is perfect for individuals, couples or active families who like to get up and get exploring, and return home each night to luxurious surroundings and healthy food.
Plunge into the water off your luxury catamaran as you snorkel along the world’s whitest beaches in the Whitsunday Islands, before flying south to the wild and rugged island of Tasmania. Kayak along the spectacular waterways of the Freycinet Peninsula, fringed by pink granite mountains rising out of the sea. Hike along the coastal mountains to the sublime Wineglass Bay. To top off your Tasmanian adventure, be swept off your feet by the magnificent hiking in the sub alpine Cradle Mountain wilderness. Your trip of a lifetime finishes in sparkling Sydney where you can explore the harbor that makes this city so magical.
$4,245 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.84 stars based on 1770 reviews.
Reviewed By Debbie R.
Reviewed By Shilpa D.
Reviewed By lei c.
Reviewed By Dawn B.
Reviewed By Ken B.
Reviewed By Jacquie L.