Intimate and evocative, Zimbabwe reveals the true brilliance of the African wilderness. The country takes you off the standard trail and into a world of safe Big Five encounters and thrilling authenticity, where an outdoors playground is constantly tailored to your interests. Expert family guides lead this three-stop private safari, handcrafting each day to your mood and energy levels, enhancing each destination with some of Africa’s most exclusive encounters.
Matusadona National Park – Relaxing on Lake Kariba
Lounge on the verandah of your luxury lodge and it’s easy to see why Lake Kariba is known as Africa’s Riviera. An atmosphere of tranquility floats across the waterfront; exotic birds with immense wingspans flutter past; vistas reveal winding cliffs and small stretches of deserted beach. Unlike the French Riviera, there’s nothing artificial breaking the panorama. Gaze out in any direction, and all you see is nature. And this is African nature. Hippos occupy the water, lazing away the afternoon in large pods, occasionally yawning to reveal epic jaws. Baboons roam past, looking for mischief. An elephant drinks from the riverbank, huge tusks making the children’s mouths drop open in awe.
You’ll be assisted at Harare Airport and transferred onto a chartered micro flight to Matusadona National Park. This first day of safari is all about relaxing and settling into the rhythm of nature. Animals are all around, and your first glimpses of the giant mammals will come from the lodge’s veranda. There are no fences, and this is part of Zimbabwe’s appeal. This open connection with nature imbues a deep respect for the animals of the wild. For example, when elephants are only seen from a vehicle or from behind a fence, some children may think they are animals to play with and touch. When an elephant looms near the lodge, children usually run for cover.
Of course, lodge staff stands guard and help maintain the harmony with nature, along with the safety of your family. They intimately understand animal behavior, knowing where you can stand to watch the large mammals pass by. This unfenced, untouched approach isn’t suitable for families with young children, particularly inquisitive five to eight year olds. But it’s perfect for families with older children seeking an authentic adventure. This afternoon is completely at your leisure, and the guide will discuss the options. You’ll settle into the privately guided style of safari and have options for a whole host of activities, either as a full family or with the children being entertained while you take a snooze after the long flight.
Matusadona National Park – Serene Safari With the Big Five
Matusadona National Park – Exclusive Experiences With Black and White Rhinos
Day 4 - 6
Hwange National Park – Privately Guided Family Safari in One of Africa’s Greatest Destinations
Victoria Falls – Settling Into a Luxury Lodge on the Zambezi
Victoria Falls – Family Helicopter Ride Over Victoria Falls
Day 9 - 10
Victoria Falls – Leisurely Final Two Days
Victoria Falls – Departure
- Uncover the Big Five on a single game drive in the untouched haven of Matusadona National Park, a tranquil first stop on your safari adventure
- Lounge along the shores of Lake Kariba and the Zambezi River, enjoying the antics of hippos and baboons amongst others
- Explore Hwange National Park on a privately guided safari program, each of the three days tailored to your family’s interests and energy levels
- Children enjoy intimate and interactive lessons on the wilderness with expert guides, learning about survival in the bush and how to track certain animals
- Savor the exclusivity of some of Africa’s most unique experiences, including tracking rhinos in Matusadona and thrilling game walks in Hwange
- Helicopter above Victoria Falls before standing beneath the ferocious spray that rises up from the cascade’s chasm
- Complete the safari with four relaxed days in Victoria Falls, where a range of optional activities can be added to the program
$14,295 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.93 stars based on
Reviewed By Alicen H.
Reviewed By Traci G.
Reviewed By Philippe G.
Reviewed By Patricia (.
Reviewed By Phyllis H.
Reviewed By Richard R.