Hanoi captures the range of cultural influences that shine throughout Northern Vietnam, Mai Chau shares tasteful vistas of the luscious countryside, and Bai Tu Long Bay offers an emerald waterscape that is off the beaten path. These are but a few of the enchanting destinations that you and your family will appreciate during your fun-filled excursion across the unspoiled expanse of Northern Vietnam. We have tailor-made this tour to cater to families of all ages, ensuring that every experience is...
Day 1 - 3
Hanoi – Where French Influence Stands the Test of Time
Vietnam’s capital city of Hanoi oozes cultural highlights and offers endless educational experiences, which are set amidst a cityscape that is ablaze with spirit. The streets, which stretch outwards in all directions, cover its broad borders, and among them, you will immerse yourselves in its ever-present vivacity. From sunup to sundown, street-side vendors flicker with verve, and you will negotiate your way through their colorful exhibits and fragrant food stalls as you begin to acclimatize to your surroundings. In the evening, after you have experienced your first taste of exquisite traditional Vietnamese cuisine, you will retreat to your luxurious 5-star accommodation that overlooks the effervescent expanse of Hanoi.
You will be embraced by pleasant chaos the following morning in an authentic Vietnamese market where wafts of delightful delicacies and aromas of freshly squeezed juices will awaken your senses. With bellies full of sumptuous treats, you will escape the hustle to Hanoi’s quaint Old Quarter, which is a humble destination of French-colonial influence that offers a glimpse into ancient traditions that remain prevalent to this day. Ngoc Son Temple is flanked by the peaceful waters of Hoan Kiem Lake, and its 18th-century design still holds up as one of the most endearing sights within the Old Quarter. An elaborate wooden bridge provides access over the lake to this pagoda that houses time-honored artifacts of Vietnam’s past. The bright scarlet doors will welcome your family, and the history will unravel itself from the pagoda’s decorated walls and striking statues that will beckon you to take photos. Old Quarter’s charm will continue to radiate from the neo-Gothic walls of its Notre Dame-inspired, Roman Catholic Church. Outside of the church, you will witness its imposing twin bell towers, and inside, you will marvel at vivid stained-glass murals in addition to its meticulous altar. You will marvel at all of this while uncovering the dramatic French-Vietnamese heritage that leads to the construction of spiritual buildings such as this church.
You will be spoiled for choice the following morning with a collection of world-class French cafes in the heart of Hanoi, where award-winning chefs have a flair for the finer aspects of Vietnamese cuisine. You will then lose yourselves in the phenomenal fusion flavors as you watch your chef curate a delicious meal from the comfort of your charming table while connecting with one another about the magical moments that you have shared so far.
Day 4 - 5
Ninh Binh – Verdant Fields, Golden Paddies, and Emerald Mountains
Day 6 - 7
Mai Chau – Hilltop Meals with the Hmong People
Day 8 - 10
Sapa – Entrancing Treks across the Tonkinese Alps
Day 11 - 12
Bai Tu Long Bay – Explore a Waterscape of Grand Natural Design
Day 13 - 14
Hoi An – A Distinct Destination of Diverse Cultural Influence
- Indulge in a visit Hanoi’s Old Quarter to discover the city’s prominent French influence at pivotal landmarks such as Ngoc Son Temple and the Notre Dame-inspired Roman Catholic Church
- Delight in the phenomenal flavors of Vietnamese fusion cuisine at an award-winning restaurant in Hanoi
- Explore the Trang An Scenic Landscape Complex UNESCO World Heritage Site and witness the ornate pagodas within archaic rock formations for which the site is famous
- Experience being welcomed into the home of a traditional Hmong family at the ethnic Xa Linh Village that is perched atop the verdant peaks of Mai Chau
- Encounter the simplistic beauty of Sapa as you venture to the renowned Silver Waterfalls and traverse the golden rice paddies of the region
- Embark on a cruise that showcases the unspoiled splendor of Bai Tu Long Bay and captures the surreal waterscape in all its majesty
- Immerse yourselves in the cultural diversity of Hoi An as you tour the ethereal Assembly Hall of the Chaozhou Chinese Congregation and Japanese Covered Bridge
$11,825 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.85 stars based on 518 reviews.
Reviewed By Tom P.
Reviewed By Marty H.
Reviewed By Cheryl R.
Reviewed By Alette V.
Reviewed By Ashleigh H.
Reviewed By Quincy M.