Discover the best of northern Vietnam on this 11-day trip, guiding you through the capital city, taking you across sparkling seas, and bringing you to rolling emerald hills. Featuring tours of Hanoi’s Old Quarter, trips to ethnic Hmong villages, and adventures to famous Ha Long Bay islands, this discovery shows off the best of the cities, cruises, and countryside.
Hanoi - Welcome to the Capital City
From the French Quarter’s old-world charm to the landscaped lawns surrounding Hoan Kiem Lake, your arrival in Hanoi, Vietnam, opens the doors to exploration in the heart of the capital city. Meeting your private transfer at Noi Bai International Airport, you continue to your accommodation in the historic old town, with views of the lake’s sparkling waters and lush gardens. The evening is free for you to settle in at your accommodation and wander at your leisure, discovering Hanoi’s secrets among the famous hustle and bustle.
Ninh Binh - Discover Tam Coc’s Caves by Boat
Ninh Binh - Freely Explore the Red River Delta
Ha Long Bay - Set Sail Across a Garden of Islands
Ha Long Bay - Relax on Islands Across the Bay
Hanoi - One Last Stop and Return to the Mainland
Hanoi - Tour the Culinary and Cultural Highlights
Sapa - Journey to the Rolling Northern Hills
Sapa - Learn About Vietnam’s Hmong Heritage
Sapa - Walk Across Sapa’s Emerald Slopes
Sapa - Depart for Home
- Cruise the waterways of Ninh Binh to the Tam Coc caves and paddle in and around the dramatic natural sea caves carving the towering cliffs
- Taste authentic Vietnamese cuisine in Hanoi’s Old Quarter, discovering the timeless French influence on classic dishes and northern inspiration from ethnic tribes
- Explore the hidden gems of Hanoi at your leisure, following insight from specialist guides to the lush lawns of Hoan Kiem Lake, the ornate spiritual pagodas, and beyond
- Leave mainland Vietnam behind and set sail across Ha Long Bay’s garden of karst islands, exploring breathtaking natural rock formations like the Dark and Light Caves
- Practice tai chi with a professional instructor on your luxurious cruise liner’s sundeck as the sunrise paints Ha Long Bay in purples, oranges, and blues
- Visit the traditional Viet Hai fishing village and famous Cat Ba Island, exploring the floating homes and kayaking to the cinematic sea caves
- Sunbathe, snorkel, kayak, or sip cocktails on the sun-kissed shores of Ba Trai Dao islet’s white-sand beaches
- Wander the colorful lanes of Bac Ha Market in Sapa to see the ethnic textiles and taste authentic northern Vietnam cuisine tracing Hmong origins
- Follow the trails weaving through the Muong Hoa Valley to Lao Chai, where you can admire panoramic views of the emerald Sapa hills and visit a Hmong village
$6,595 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.73 stars based on
Reviewed By Melanie H.
Reviewed By Loren H.
Reviewed By Quincy M.
Reviewed By Kamran S.
Reviewed By Bob F.
Reviewed By Lauren G.