The Vietnamese landscape is picturesque and is no better showcased than in Northern Vietnam. Amid the surreal settings are the country’s most significant highlights. On this tailor-made tour of Northern Vietnam, you will explore the best experiences within the region. From ornate spiritual sites to the immaculate images across Bai Tu Long Bay and to the emerald rice paddies of Sapa, we have handpicked a wealth of extraordinary adventures. You will learn about ancient traditions, visit pivotal...
Day 1 - 3
Hanoi – A City Bursting with Energy
Northern Vietnam is bursting with life, and there is no better destination to begin your adventure than the vibrant city of Hanoi. Hanoi is teeming with riveting, cultural experiences, and you will explore them from your opulent base in the city, which will be an exquisite hotel with a panoramic view of the Red River and Hoan Kiem Lake. The gorgeous views are only half of the charm of this lavish accommodation. You can enjoy seclusion within your private suite and delight in world-class amenities throughout your stay. A professionally-run gourmet restaurant sits on top of the hotel, serving exceptional cuisine alongside sweeping cityscape views.
The city bustles in the morning, and you will wake to the exuberant energy that resonates from the lively streets below. Wafts of traditional cuisine will fill your senses, guiding you out of your hotel in search of delectable delicacies. Stop off at a high-spirited market and peruse the endless stream of stalls. Amid eager locals and foreigners, you will discover the endearing flavors of authentic Vietnamese cuisine and will explore more of the rich cultural highlights of Hanoi as you transfer to the famous Old Quarter. Here, you can stroll the streets that are lined with French-colonial architecture and colorful shops that sell unique souvenirs. You will fully immerse yourselves in the local lifestyle as you discover the enthusiastic nature of Old Quarter, Hanoi. The zestful location delivers on all expectations, capturing your attention on every corner. In the evening, you will visit a premier restaurant for intricate meals that are prepared by an award-winning chef. Set amongst traditionally-inspired decor, you will thoroughly enjoy the luxury of this authentic experience.
While the city retains an element of traditional charm, it is best experienced beyond its borders. Accompanied by a knowledgeable tour guide the following day, you will set off in a private coach to Duong Lam Ancient Village. Being a UNESCO-awarded location, the peaceful age-old city shares enchanting architectural displays, cultural complexes, and scenic sights. Positioned off of the beaten track, you will delight in the calm and laid-back ambiance as you encounter cultural sites and capture unforgettable images of the mostly untouched surroundings as you cruise along the winding roads. You will witness old water wells, century-old residential buildings, and ancient banyan trees along the way. You will also experience a traditional tea ceremony that will be conducted by a friendly local for complete immersion. Then, you will transfer to Hanoi later this afternoon for an evening at your leisure, and you can conclude your stay with a delightful dinner at a revered restaurant.
Day 4 - 7
Bai Tu Long Bay – Remarkable Cruise Across an Idyllic Bay
Day 8 - 10
Ninh Binh – A Taste of Traditional Vietnam
Day 11 - 13
Sapa – The Immaculate Sights of Sapa
Hanoi – Fine Dining in the Capital
Hanoi – Authentic Vietnamese Cuisine and Departure
- Encounter age-old Vietnamese architecture that was inspired by the French at the traditionally-inclined Old Quarter of Hanoi
- Transfer to Duong Lam Ancient Village to discover the authenticity of the locals’ lifestyles with a traditional tea ceremony
- Luxuriate with two nights on board a regal cruise liner as you traverse Bai Tu Long Bay and reveal the idyllic scenic beauty of the surrounding karst islands and emerald forests
- Indulge in visits to the Bai Dinh Pagoda in Ninh Binh for remarkable vistas of the countryside and to learn more about the country’s spiritual traditions
- Uncover Tam Coc and Hoa Lu for fascinating wildlife encounters and insight into the ancient lifestyle
- Embark for Sapa on board a luxury train and discover the secluded simplicity of the surrounding rural paradise
- Marvel with visits to essential museums and an ethnic hill tribe in Sapa to immerse yourselves in North Vietnam’s captivating culture
- Learn what makes Vietnamese cuisine special at a prestigious culinary school and prepare beloved dishes
$12,670 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.84 stars based on
Reviewed By beth g.
Reviewed By Tom P.
Reviewed By Franklin L.
Reviewed By Jessica W.
Reviewed By Lorie R.
Reviewed By Jean B.