Travel from the Catalan capital to the thriving wine-growing region in the Basque Country on this 13-day Spain food-and-wine adventure for seniors. Briefly embrace the vibrance of Madrid before embarking on a journey of food and wine discovery amid mesmerizing architecture, captivating cathedrals, quaint coastal gems, and old-world charm. With impressive flavors and endless allure, you will experience the best of classic northern Spain over two weeks.
Madrid - Arrive in Vibrant Madrid
Madrid stands as one of Europe’s iconic cultural and artistic centers, the vibrant architecture and treasured masterpieces visible in the over 60 museums and classic structures that give Spain’s capital its charming reputation. Your private transfer will meet you at the Madrid-Barajas Airport and introduce you to this bustling and sophisticated city as you make your way to your hotel. Depending on when you arrive in Madrid, you can step into the Prado Museum, where the light shining in from the glass ceiling illuminates the artworks, enhancing their magnificence. Experience humility in the vast halls of the Reina Sofia National Art Centre as you stand in awe at the expanse of Picasso’s Guernica.
Barcelona - Travel to Barcelona and Savor Wine and Tapas
Barcelona - Embrace the Flavors of the Penedes Wine Region
Barcelona - Visit Iconic Designs on a Private, Modernist Tour
San Sebastian - Discover the Coastal Gem of San Sebastian
San Sebastian - Delectable Market and Classic Cooking Class
San Sebastian - Milk, Cheese, and Vineyards In Between
La Rioja - Self-Drive Via Villages and Vistas
La Rioja - Get a Taste of La Rioja’s Vineyards and Varietals
Ribera del Duero - Indulge in Cathedrals and Centuries-Old Charm
Ribera del Duero - Wine Tasting on the Banks of the Duero
San Sebastian - A Leisurely Scenic Drive to San Sebastian
San Sebastian - Departure Day
- Embrace the cosmopolitan charm of vibrant Barcelona
- Dive into iconic Catalan flavors with tapas and wine tastings in old Barcelona neighborhoods
- Step into the imagination of Antoni Gaudi with a visit to the Familia Sagrada and marvel at the restored pavilions at the modernist Sant Pau complex
- Bask in Basque glory when wandering the streets on an evening tour of coastal gem San Sebastian
- Savor culinary delights with a shopping experience at the Mercado de la Bretxa, gathering fresh ingredients, followed by a creative cooking class in charming San Sebastian
- Try your hand at cheese making and savor local tapas and wine in the Txakoli region of the Basque Country
- Traverse cobbled lanes and wander through town squares in seaside havens and quaint villages as you self-drive from San Sebastian to La Rioja
- Experience world-class wines in northern Spain’s premium wine-producing destination, La Rioja, where vineyards and cellars impress from grape to glass
- Delve into classic history with visits to century-old cathedrals, admiring magnificent monasteries and perfectly designed stone-clad city walls en route from La Rioja to Ribera del Duero
- Admire the scenic beauty of the Ribera del Duero region, the banks of the Duero River blending perfectly with vineyards boasting an eclectic selection of wineries
$9,095 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.92 stars based on
Reviewed By ROBERT H.
Reviewed By Mitchell L.
Reviewed By Cristina A.
Reviewed By Devi A.
Reviewed By Mark T.
Reviewed By Natalie G.