Superlatives ring out across the Greater Kruger, a wild savannah that epitomizes the untouched charm of Africa. Rhinos roam in the thousands, the Big Five can all be found, and there’s a majestic diversity in this ancient ecosystem. Covering two countries and five destinations, this 10-day safari provides a detailed narrative on why the Kruger is so special, with redolent predator scenes, game walks, exclusive concessions, aerial safari, and journeys across the unseen bush.
Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve - Introduction to the Savanna
This morning, you land in Harare and transfer onto a light aircraft, bound for the southeast of Zimbabwe and Malilangwe, a wildlife reserve at the northern perimeter of the Greater Kruger ecosystem. While Zimbabwe may have slipped off the tourist trail, conservation remains strong in this country that values its wilderness. Check into your luxury lodge, and you’ll see dozens of hippos wading in the lake below. Throughout the day and night, this water source is visited by a large proportion of Malilangwe four-legged residents, so you just need to sit back, recharge the batteries after the flight, and enjoy your first impressions of the Kruger’s diversity. An afternoon game drive will provide exhilarating sights as you come face to face with rhinos and lion prides for the first time, along with the enchanting cast of antelopes. Although you’re on the edge of the Kruger ecosystem, at Malilangwe you’re already immersed in the wonders of wild Africa.
Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve - The Big Five and the Little Six
Gonarezhou National Park - Off the Beaten Track Safari
Kruger National Park - Exploring Remote Northern Kruger
Kruger National Park - Full-Day Journey
Kruger National Park - Bicycle and Walking Safari in the Lebombo Mountains
MalaMala Game Reserve - Admiring the Kruger From the Air
MalaMala Game Reserve - Relaxed Big-Game Safari
MalaMala Game Reserve - Day and Night Game Drives
Johannesburg - Departure
- Unravel the complexities of one of the world’s oldest ecosystems by crossing the Kruger from south to north
- Spot big cats on a hunt, giant mammals on the move, and thousands of scenes that inspire all the senses
- Discover the Big Five and the Little Six of Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve, a private concession in Zimbabwe that borders the Great Limpopo Transfrontier Park
- Go far off the beaten track with a safari in Zimbabwe’s Gonarezhou National Park, a place of raw adventure that’s only just recently opening up to tourism
- Game drive in the remote corners of northern Kruger National Park, where every corner brings a thrilling surprise
- Explore Kruger’s Lebombo Mountains on foot and by bicycle, a chance to get even more intimate with a wide cast of animals
- Savor the landscape from a new angle with a private aerial safari, where you admire the enormity of the Greater Kruger ecosystem
- Spend three days in MalaMala Game Reserve, one of Africa’s finest private concessions delivering wonderful moments with all of Kruger’s icons
- Enjoy a full mix of safari accommodation, each lodge and camp handpicked to provide luxury while enhancing the charms of the wild
$11,695 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.94 stars based on
Reviewed By greg s.
Reviewed By Michelle S.
Reviewed By Alan M.
Reviewed By Tee B.
Reviewed By Cathy C.
Reviewed By Azarmeen P.