Southern Africa creates an indulgent medley of experiences, all thread together by a continual feeling of authenticity. Big game safari, verdant vineyards, majestic Victoria Falls, city colors and cultures, San bushmen, cruising past hippos and waking to elephants; your five days in the Cape precede nine days in untouched Zimbabwe. This exclusive 2-week safari connects five distinctive and disparate destinations, epitomizing the region’s fabulous breadth and wealth of experience.
Cape Town – Nestled Between Two Oceans
Table Mountain proudly stands above the city, an unmissable monument as you journey from the airport to the V & A Waterfront, where your hotel suite has commanding views of the mountain. Take a few steps to the hotel’s restaurant and the Atlantic Ocean shimmers peacefully, enveloping a working harbor of yachts. The surrounding area is pedestrianized and there’s a lot to casually discover, from a 19th-century royal history to the pop-up markets and restaurants of today. The day is at your leisure. After the chauffeured transfer, the guide will provide you with a map of the area along with options of where to go. Chauffeured transport to city destinations within a specified radius from the V & A Waterfront is included in your stay.
Cape Town – A Day of the Classic and Iconic
Cape Town – An Insider’s Perspective on the Cape
Cape Winelands – The History of Pinotage and the Stellenbosch Valley
Cape Winelands – Decadent Wines Around Stellenbosch Berg
Cape Town to Victoria Falls – Hippos and Baboons and a Fine Dining Zambezi Cruise
Victoria Falls – The Majestic Falls, From the Ground and From a Microlight
Hwange National Park (Linkwasha Concession) – Flagship Big Game Safari
Day 9 - 10
Hwange National Park (Linkwasha Concession) – Luxury and Authenticity
Mana Pools National Park – Exploring Africa’s Wildlife
Day 12 - 13
Mana Pools National Park – All the Angles on Zimbabwe’s Big-Game Wetlands
Mana Pools National Park to Victoria Falls – Departure
- Explore the spectrum of colors of Cape Town, from majestic Table Mountain to poignant Robben Island, and then an array of city sights and coastal pleasures
- Spend two days indulging in the best of the Cape Winelands, including tasting with the winemakers and a selection of South Africa’s most revered vineyards
- Marvel at the spectacle of Victoria Falls, then soar above the world’s most powerful waterfall on a microlight
- Experience the wonderful authenticity of big game safari, spending six days exploring wildlife and the wild in Zimbabwe’s two flagship parks
- While this 2-week Southern Africa safari visits five very distinctive destinations, new flight routes minimize travel time to just a couple of hours between stops
- Discover big cats and huge elephant herds in Hwange, where you spend three nights in a private concession that epitomizes the allure of an African savannah
- Journey through a dazzling wetland with three days in Mana Pools, the safari continuing both on the water and on foot, in additional to traditional game drives
- Enjoy some very unique personal encounters, including an ex-inmate guiding you around Robben island, San bushmen introducing you to their ancestral lifestyles, and an artist discussing his political satire during the era of apartheid
- Cruise along the Zambezi River at sundown, with hippos lounging in the banks as a sumptuous dinner is served
- Continue the safari at all hours of the day, your luxury suite featuring private verandahs that overlook waterholes popular amongst the wildlife, along with canvas walls that enable a fully immersive experience within nature’s sounds
$14,555 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.94 stars based on
Reviewed By Traci G.
Reviewed By Philippe G.
Reviewed By greg s.
Reviewed By Fernando C.
Reviewed By Danielle B.
Reviewed By Donna D.