South Africa cannot be defined in a single image. A country with 11 official languages and thousands of iconic settings, the landscape of South Africa evokes the drama of nature and the diversity of cultures. This 13-day photographers' tour will explore its many angles and you will need to bring all of your lenses as grand aerial photography is mixed with fascinating portraits and no shortage of giant mammals. From Cape Town to Kruger to the Indian Ocean, this is a journey through both the famous...
Cape Town – Arrival in South Africa
Your arrival into Cape Town will be striking as you see the mountain hanging dramatically over the city and the Atlantic Ocean waves tumbling onto the coast. You will immediately sense how it is shaped by nature and roll to a rhythm unlike any other city. After being greeted at the airport, you will be transferred to the coast where your hotel in Camps Bay will provide two of the iconic photos of Cape Town. Behind you will be the mountain, and then stretching out below will be the white sand and tropical colors of the ocean. A wide variety of restaurants are within walking distance, and all gaze out at the sunset. Relax, savor the ambiance, and settle into South Africa.
Cape Town – Dramatic Cape Peninsula Aerials
Cape Town – Urban Portraits of South Africa
Cape Town – Capturing Cape Town's Historical Narrative
Cape Town – Free Day in the Mother City
Sabi Sands Game Reserve – Introductions to the Big Five
Day 7 - 8
Sabi Sands Game Reserve – Wildlife Photography in a Luxurious Greater Kruger Reserve
Saint Lucia – Crossing the Remarkable Kingdom of Swaziland
Saint Lucia – Relaxing on the Indian Ocean
Saint Lucia – Boat Trips in the iSimangaliso Wetlands
Saint Lucia – Day Trip to Africa's Oldest Game Reserve
Saint Lucia – Departure
- Capture the drama of the Cape from the air on a helicopter tour as you pilot brings you low over Table Mountain and the tip of the continent
- Photograph the faces of South Africa as you spend a day in Khayelitsha where vibrant smiles will light up every portrait
- Explore South Africa's history in destinations like Bo-Kaap and Robben Island, building a selection of images that appear to come from before the digital era
- Spend several days on photographic safari in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, zooming in for exquisite Big Five shots and then refocusing to capture the splendor of the wild
- Cross the Kingdom of Swaziland and use your camera to document one of Africa's most traditional nations, where ancient customs continue to dominate everyday culture
- Spend your final nights on the white sand beaches of Saint Lucia, a tropical hideaway that will bring tranquility to the end of the vacation
- Travel by boat across the UNESCO World Heritage iSimangaliso Wetlands to document the unseen side of wildlife on the Indian Ocean, and then spend a day in Africa's oldest game reserve for your last set of safari photos
$13,515 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.91 stars based on
Reviewed By Andy J.
Reviewed By Danielle B.
Reviewed By Traci G.
Reviewed By greg s.
Reviewed By Kathleen S.
Reviewed By Jeff H.