There really is nothing like Scotland, which is home to breathtaking landscapes and iconic connections. From royal indulgence to wild islands and from atmospheric distilleries to ancient legends, this 12-day Best of Scotland tour will help you explore Scotland’s diverse highlights. There is a little of everything that is essentially Scottish, including lochs, castles, villages, and so many friendly locals.
Edinburgh - Immersed in a Capital City
You will touch down at Edinburgh Airport and be greeted by a local guide. It is only a 20-minute transfer into the heart of the city and your luxury accommodation. Most of the old center is pedestrianized, and it is a joy to wander along the cobbled lanes. Your guide will provide you with an orientation so that you know how to navigate the ancient lanes and where to grab the best local food. Edinburgh is a place that is great for getting lost. All you have to do is take a stroll, immerse yourself in the city, and feel your love for Scotland grow.
Edinburgh - Highlights of Old Edinburgh
Edinburgh - The Quirks of Wonderful Glasgow
Edinburgh - Discovering Stirling and its History
Oban - Whisky and Wonder on the Road
Oban - Wilderness Impressions
Day 7 - 8
Isle of Skye - Scotland’s Unique Landscapes
Inverness - Scotland’s Stunning Lake System
Inverness - Regal Histories and Stories
St. Andrews - Iconic Scottish Experiences
St. Andrews - Departure
- Meander around Scotland’s iconic lakes and immerse yourself in some of the world’s most unique landscapes
- Get to know Scottish whisky by meeting distillers and enjoying private tasting sessions at small distilleries
- Discover the very best of Edinburgh during four nights in the capital, including private tours of the city’s hidden spots
- Escape to the wilderness by spending two days on the Isle of Skye, which is one of the world’s most magnificent island retreats
- Explore the royal history and gasp at some of Scotland’s castles and stately homes
- Compare and contrast Stirling with Glasgow, which are two fabulous and incredibly different cities
- Feast on the stories in Inverness as locals narrate 1,000 years of tales in a charming old city
- Conclude your luxury trip in St. Andrews and gaze across a famous golf course that is surrounded by castles and ruins
- Spend a day on the isles of Mull and Iona and discover colorful villages and rolling landscapes
- Discover Scottish legends, from the Loch Ness Monster to village fables, as told by the locals
$4,675 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.86 stars based on
Reviewed By Ceile H.
Reviewed By Mary E.
Reviewed By Lynn M.
Reviewed By Alison M.
Reviewed By Rhiannon F.
Reviewed By Kirby B.