Your experience of storybook palaces and refined wines will immerse you in unique treasures during your 12-day signature Portugal tour specifically designed for 2022. Each day is custom-tailored to your preferences allowing you to bask in a sunset cruise of Lisbon or stroll along Evora’s ancient foundations. From the legacy of the Knights Templar to the vineyard heritage of the Douro Valley, you can embrace a new perspective of Portugal.
Lisbon - Welcome to Charming Lisbon
Lisbon is a vibrant city that brings the past to life along the historic hills draped in a mixture of bohemian ambiance and historic architecture. Your private transfer will meet you at Lisbon’s Humberto Delgado Airport, where your private transfer will meet you at arrival. After some time with your guide for some tips and hints, the remainder of the day will be at your leisure to enjoy the city. You can stroll along the windy, hilly streets of Bairro Alto where restaurants and cafes may fill the air with the scents of grilling sausages or typical codfish dishes immersing you in Lisbon’s heritage and flavorful history.
Lisbon - Explore the Highlights of Lisbon
Lisbon - Discover Fairytale Sintra
Evora - Embrace Arraiolos and Evora’s Grandeur
Evora - Uncover the Traditions of Alentejo
Bussaco - Visit Dramatic Tomar and Reach Bussaco
Bussaco - Wander the Mountain Schist Villages
Douro Valley - Indulge in Wine at Douro Valley
Porto - Travel the Famous Vinho Verde to Porto
Porto - Experience Porto’s Charming Culture
Lisbon - Journey to Lisbon for Sunset
Lisbon - Depart for Home
- Embrace the scenic sunset over Lisbon on a private cruise along the Tagus River for a unique panorama of the city springing from the riverbanks
- Indulge in a unique cultural experience of the fisherman’s life in Portugal with a guided visit to the marina and morning fish market
- Bask in the treasured flavors and celebrated scenery of the Douro Valley during a private wine tour visiting select vineyards bringing the diverse layers of local wines to life
- Embark on an excursion into the Serra de Lousa mountains to find select Schist Villages offering scenic charms, medieval architecture, and authentic local culture
- Witness the dramatic legacy of the Knights Templar when visiting Tomar to learn more about the local history, heritage, and culture
- Enjoy an immersive tour of a cork forest on a private estate to learn about the cultural importance of the cork in Portugal
- Experience the storybook ambiance of Sintra where castles, palaces, and cafes offer fantastical images against a backdrop of wooded mountain slopes
- Savor the robust aromas and distinctive flavors of port wine during a private port wine tasting in a secluded riverside cellar
- Discover the broad and magnificent history of Evora as you stroll beside an ancient Roman temple and Moorish embellishments
- Delight in the regal history of Amarante and the ancient wine traditions of Penafiel as you travel from the Douro Valley to Porto
$9,511 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.95 stars based on
Reviewed By Dana C.
Reviewed By Dara W.
Reviewed By Lisa K.
Reviewed By Nheeda E.
Reviewed By Gloria S.
Reviewed By John B.