Venture through a land filled with villages and towns divulging architectural and archeological secrets during this 13-day classical Portugal tour. Find the bustle of charming Lisbon, indulge in the relaxed ambiance of quaint villages created from cobblestones, and wander along the cobblestones of towns preserved from medieval times. Travel inland to discover gastronomical delights and embrace remote open landscapes while uncovering Portugal’s classic beauty.
Lisbon - Lose Yourself in Portuguese Tradition
Step off your international flight and meet your driver, who will take you to your hotel, your drive through Lisbon introducing you to classic Portuguese “Pombaline” architecture, a cluster of simple facades and green spaces whizzing by you. Then venture out onto the mosaic-paved sidewalks of lively Lisbon, their designs mesmerizing. Get a taste of Portuguese history on your downtown tour of the Baixa district, the short buildings allowing light to stream into the city squares. Wander the wavy pavements of Rossio Square, a surreal sight of intricate swirls. Stop in the chic Chiado district to sample a rich and bold Portuguese coffee, accompanied by a flaky pastel de nata, filled with creamy custard.
Lisbon - Revel in the Glory of Royal Sintra
Lisbon - Meander the Alfama Neighborhood and Cruise the Tagus
Evora - Learn the Art of Cork-Making in UNESCO-Heritage Evora
Evora - Uncover the Flaura, Fauna, and Flavors of Alentejo
Crato - Take a Step Back into Medieval Times
Dao Region - Explore Central Europe’s Oldest Villages
Douro - Visit the Vineyards and Valleys of Douro
Douro - Get a Taste for Favaios in Classic Style
Porto - Discover a City of Historical Beauty and Port
Porto - Lap Up the Landscapes of Peneda-Geres National Park
Porto - Embrace the Significance of Portugal’s Fish Culture
Porto - A Fond Farewell to Porto and Portugal
- Discover the charm and heritage of the Alfama district in Lisbon
- Revel in the grandeur of the mustard-yellow and rusty-red Pina Palace in the quaint village of Sintra
- Take in the brilliance of the illuminated Belem Tower and 25th of April Bridge as you cruise along the Tagus River
- Admire the Moorish architecture of Evora and feel the chill of standing before the “wall of bones'' in Castelo dos Ossos. Then gain an appreciation when learning about the production and many uses of cork in Portuguese industry
- Dive into textures of rich, creamy olive oil during a private tasting and sample the nutty flavors of preto porco when enjoying a picnic among the flora and fauna in Evora
- Stand among the mysterious Dolmens in Crato, the giant, balancing stones an indication of a monstrous side of its medieval past
- Breathe in the tranquil air and soak up captivating views over the Ponsul River when visiting Idanha-A-Velha, one of Portugal’s oldest villages
- Indulge in the refreshing flavors of crisp Douro Branco white wine and the sweet, butterscotch finish of Moscat when visiting the Douro Valley and Favaios
- Uncover the historical significance and beauty of UNESCO-recognized Porto, absorbing architectural charm with a splash of robust flavors during Port tastings.
- Sit a while among the violet Geres lilies dotted on the undulating grassy hills of the Peneda-Geres National Park near Porto
- Learn about the rich traditions and history of Portugal’s fishing industry and savor the simple flavors of salt, pepper, and lime-prepared salmonete, personally selected from the local market
$7,795 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.95 stars based on
Reviewed By Dara W.
Reviewed By Dana C.
Reviewed By John B.
Reviewed By Michelle B.
Reviewed By Lisa K.
Reviewed By Nheeda E.