Handcrafted to combine nature, culture, a bit of adventure with plenty of family downtime, this 10-day itinerary is a dreamy journey that features Norway’s spring and summer highlights. Norway is the perfect place for a rousing family vacation: fjords and mountains set a beautiful scene, colorful cities immerse its visitors in the local culture, and children’s attractions provide your young ones with space to play. Mysterious castles and reliable railways will help to immerse you in the culture.
Oslo – Introduction to Norway
Colorful and charming, Oslo is one of Europe’s most idyllic capitals. The low-rise city has a laidback vibe, especially in the center. Mountains and forests backdrop the city, while the fjord creates a beautiful view from almost anywhere. After landing at Oslo’s international airport, you will be greeted by a guide and transferred to the waterside, where your hotel will have a convenient location in a pedestrianized area. Today will be at your leisure, and you can walk off the flight in the nearby streets. Your guide can also provide you with dining recommendations.
Oslo – Highlights of Oslo
Oslo – A Summer Cruise
Kristiansand – Norway’s Iconic Family Attraction
Stavanger – Exploring One of Europe’s Finest Old Towns
Stavanger – Adventure on the Water
Bergen – Immersed in Mountains and Fjords
Bergen – A Full Day Cruise
Bergen – Your Final Full Day in Norway
Bergen – Departure
- Discover Norway’s breathtaking fjords during a beautiful day cruise beneath the mountains near Bergen
- Lead your kids to Norway’s greatest playgrounds, including the country’s children’s museum and the superb Kristiansand Zoo and Amusement Park
- Wander among beautiful history, from Oslo’s colorful houses to Gamle Stavanger and Gamle Bergen
- Inspire your children with Norwegian culture, from interactive experiences in the Viking Ship Museum to the Children’s Art Museum and a ride on a 120-year-old locomotive
- Embrace the great Norwegian outdoors with customizable hikes and walks that will be expertly led by local guides
- Fly across the wilderness on a beautiful helicopter flight that includes landing next to a remote fjord
- Explore charming Norwegian towns and enjoy overnight stops in lesser-known destinations, such as Kristiansand and Stavanger
- Tailor your family adventure to your family with a variety of options at each destination, including more time outdoors, in the mountains, or on the fjords
Norway’s greatest allure is its sense of space. Mountains dominate the landscape, and there are thousands of trails to try, including many that are ideal for children. Fjords stretch through the west of the country, which are epic features that can showcase nature’s scale. Even the cities are spacious, with large pedestrianized areas and entirely natural surroundings. This is a country that can feel like a family playground, and it will be yours to explore on this expertly crafted ten-day itinerary. From Oslo to Bergen, you will be immersed in the local culture, exceptional nature, and a family atmosphere that only Norway can offer.
You will kick off your family getaway with three nights in Oslo, which is a vibrant capital that has large pedestrianized areas and nothing too stressful. During your time here, you will be cruising on a fjord, visiting different children’s attractions, and learning all about the Vikings. Three days means time to relax and also means that you can see the best of what Oslo can offer. A short domestic flight will fly you to Kristiansand on day four, where Norway’s largest family amusement park will fill most of your day. Afterward, you can enjoy the beauty of the wilderness on a guided transfer to Stavanger, which is the capital of Norway’s Southwest. The Norwegian Children’s Museum is just one attraction here, and you will connect with local history and enjoy breathtaking views of your surroundings.
After two nights in Stavanger, you will fly to the fjords to Bergen during a private helicopter adventure that includes touching down beside a remote fjord and embracing the power of Norwegian nature. Bergen is surrounded by seven mountains and seven fjords, making it a wonderful setting for leading your family into the outdoors and finding a place to connect with each other. A family cruise will also be included, and your final day can be tailored to how you feel near the end of your vacation.
You can expect to stay in stunning family accommodations throughout your vacation that will be complete with interconnecting rooms and warming amenities. Local guides will lead each excursion, and most of your activities are private, so they can be adjusted to your mood and energy. This ten-day itinerary is best in spring and summer because the weather is best, and long days allow for a more adjustable program. The route can be adapted for a fall or winter family vacation with inclusions that offer experiences in the snow and searching for the northern lights.
$5,525 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.85 stars based on
Reviewed By Erika D.
Reviewed By Michele S.
Reviewed By Marilyn N.
Reviewed By Elizabeth G.
Reviewed By Lynn H.
Reviewed By Sharene H.