Experience the splendor of Scandinavia for 12 days, from the contemporary and historical charms of capital cities to the picturesque glacial frontiers of Norway’s fjords and the snow-drenched slopes of Alta. Explore the age of the Vikings, trace the origins of Shakespeare’s work, cruise to fairytale fjord towns, and see the Northern Lights on this trip that captures the best of Northern Europe in under two weeks.
Stockholm - Arrive and Explore at Your Leisure
This tour begins in the Swedish capital, where contemporary life meets historic splendor in fairytale towns popping up across the Baltic Sea archipelago. The modern sculptural art, old ochre-colored buildings, and panoramic views of the marine blue channels come together and reveal why this is one of Scandinavia’s most photogenic cities. After transferring from the airport and checking into your accommodation, you can explore Stockholm at your leisure or with a guide. From the ornate hallways of Stockholm’s Royal Palace to the maritime history of the Vasa Museum, find adventure around the city after settling in.
Stockholm - Step Into the Viking Age at Birka
Copenhagen - Discover Danish Culture in the Capital
Copenhagen - See Denmark Through Shakespeare’s Eyes
Oslo - Onward to the Capital of Norway
Flåm - Escape on Train to Norwegian Fjords
Flåm - Adventures Across Norway’s Glacial Fjords
Bergen - Peaceful Retreat in the Heart of the Fjords
Alta - Set Off for Snowy Scandinavia
Alta - Watching for the Dancing Northern Lights
Alta - Spend Your Day in the Snow
Alta - Depart for Home
- Set off in search of Stockholm’s city highlights, including the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- Explore the origins of the Vikings and learn about their ancient customs and traditions on the UNESCO World Heritage island of Birka
- Wander Copenhagen Cultural District to visit Scandinavian museums and riverside eateries for Danish cuisine
- Step inside the works of Shakespeare as you tour Kronborg Castle, the famous setting for Hamlet
- Discover Oslo’s contemporary charms as you view the modern architecture of the Oslo Opera House and sculptures of Vigeland Park’s landscaped lawns
- Catch a scenic train across the Norwegian countryside, passing by cultural villages and cinematic mountain backdrops en route to Norway’s fjords
- Climb the glacial slopes to the Stegastein viewpoint for dramatic views of the fjords and surrounding mountains
- Slow down in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Bryggen, a historic harbor city where Norway’s fjord town traditions come to life
- Search the skies of Alta for the Northern Lights and admire one of the most mesmerizing natural spectacles in the world
- Adventure across the snow-drenched landscape of Alta while dogsledding, reindeer sledding, snowmobiling, or tobogganing
$5,851 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.86 stars based on
Reviewed By Lynn H.
Reviewed By Michele S.
Reviewed By Marilyn L.
Reviewed By Bonnie F.
Reviewed By K N.
Reviewed By Tom R.