Discover elegant beauty on the coastal route between Oslo and Gothenburg on your eight-day adventure through Norway and Sweden, one that’s perfect for lovers of nature and food. Boutique accommodations, charismatic coastal villages, and tranquil lakes add to the luster of world heritage sites and majestic islands that you can visit during your self-drive exploration. From mouthwatering oysters to majestic forests, you can enjoy a new perspective of Norway and Sweden.
Oslo - Arrive in Charming Oslo
Oslo is a city that combines historic preservation and contemporary reinvention, where Nordic cuisine takes center stage, the splendid beauty of nature accentuates the cityscape, and museums provide insight into how the past informs the present. Your private transfer will meet you at the airport and escort you to the comforts of your accommodations, where you will have the remainder of the day to enjoy the city at your pace. For a great introduction to Oslo, you can wander through the Vigeland Sculpture Park to view 650 bronze, granite, and wrought iron works crafted by Gustav Vigeland.
Oslo - Explore the City’s Beauty at Leisure
Fredrikstad - Embrace the Fredrikstad Scenic Drive
Fjallbacka - Enjoy a Seafood Safari and Rock Art
Dannholmen - Discover Island Wonder and Adventure
Lake Hornborga - Revel in Nature at Your Pace
Gothenburg - Venture to Marstrand and Gothenburg
Gothenburg - Depart for Home
- Indulge in the scenic drive along the tranquil coast for a new perspective of the landscape
- Enjoy the world's best seafood during oyster safaris and mussel-harvesting excursions that can lead to satisfying culinary experiences
- Visit the Tanum Bronze-Age rock carving world heritage site to view the 3,000-year-old petroglyphs that number in the thousands
- Explore the idyllic streets of Fredrikstad's old town, which is nestled into the stunning scenery of Iddefjord
- Witness the natural allure of wild cranes that gather on the edge of Lake Hornborga when visiting in spring
- Embrace the unique designs and scenic views of luxury treehouse accommodations
- Visit the highlights of Oslo to find preserved monuments, from the sculpture park to the dramatic Akershus Fortress
$5,299 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.79 stars based on
Reviewed By Lynn H.
Reviewed By Elizabeth G.
Reviewed By Michele S.
Reviewed By Linda R.
Reviewed By Marilyn L.
Reviewed By Marilyn N.