Fourteen days will allow you to discover the many wonders of New Zealand on this adventurous, handcrafted tour leading from the dazzling cosmopolitan of Auckland to the garden city of Christchurch. Along the way, New Zealand’s staggering wilderness will come to life as you explore the mesmerizing plains, gleaming peninsulas, and alpine peaks that sweep New Zealand’s illustrious countryside.
Auckland - Something for Everyone
Auckland is a thriving cosmopolitan city that is both a beating economic heart of New Zealand and a gateway to the spectacular unspoiled scenery that spreads through the North Island’s countryside. For those seeking city highlights or a little more adventure, you will be thrilled to find something for everyone in Auckland, from the pristine parks peppering its charming districts to the decadent restaurants lining its beautiful boulevards. After transferring to your accommodation, you will have the evening to acclimate to the atmospheric city of Auckland.
Auckland - Into the Wild
Coromandel Peninsula - Across the Pohutukawa Coast
Coromandel Peninsula - Balmy Waters of Hot Water Beach
Rotorua - Landscapes of the Lord of the Rings
Rotorua - Stories of the Maori People
Queenstown - New Zealand’s Adventure Capital
Queenstown - Dining on Lake Wakatipu
Queenstown - Wonders of the Te Wahipounamu World Heritage Area
Aoraki - Making Way for Mount Cook
Aoraki - Glacial Geological Discoveries
Christchurch - Glimmers of Gold in the Canterbury Plains
Christchurch - Romantic Moments with Nature
Christchurch - Celebrating the Adventure
- Explore the wild rainforests of the Waitakere Ranges, strolling through the verdant greenery to cascading waterfalls and retreating to an untouched beach lining the west coast of Auckland
- Soak in the balmy waters of the Coromandel Peninsula’s Hot Water Beach and immerse yourself in the traditional fishing village culture of seaside town Tairua
- Immerse yourself in historic and cultural discoveries unveiled in Wahi, particularly at viewpoints overlooking the Martha Mine and onboard the antique Goldfields Railway
- Visit the famous Hobbiton, a fictional destination created for the Lord of the Rings films built into the flourishing green fields of Matamata
- Retreat to the Mitai Maori Village for an evening spent with welcoming hosts who will share both their cultural stories and traditional delicacies with you
- Lap up an exquisite BBQ dining experience onboard the TSS Earnslaw Steamship as it sails across the sparkling waters of Lake Wakatipu under the twinkling night sky
- Zip across the Dart River to explore the unspoiled wildlife wonders and heritage of the famous Te Wahipounamu World Heritage Area
- Ascend to the summits of Mount Cook to discover the glacial geological highlights that cover its alpine expanse, from floating icebergs to frosty cliffs
$11,825 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.81 stars based on 37 reviews.
Reviewed By Tim F.
Reviewed By Elizabeth M.
Reviewed By Terry O.
Reviewed By Jason S.
Reviewed By Diane H.
Reviewed By andrea g.