From coast to coast, you will discover what makes New Zealand tick on this captivating 13-day tour leading you from Christchurch to Franz Josef. The sparkling cityscapes, magnificent Fiordland, and soaring snowy summits of the alps are but a few of the mesmerizing scenes set to sweep you away as you explore New Zealand’s unspoiled wilderness magic like never before.
Christchurch - One With Nature
Rising between stretches of prolific greenery, Christchurch has become a part of its viridian surroundings. Formerly devastated by a great natural catastrophe, panoramas of a buzzing skyline greeting you from your plane window will spotlight the phenomenal transformation sweeping New Zealand’s unspoiled settings. Priding themselves on an intrinsic relationship with the environments where they reside, the people of New Zealand breathe fresh air into a world heavily dominated by technology and modern construction. You will be thrilled to spend an afternoon exploring the many wonders of Christchurch, from culinary delights to manicured gardens.
Akaroa - Cruising the South Island Seas
Aoraki - Wondrous Images of the Wilderness
Dunedin - Spectacular Scenes to Swoon Over
Dunedin - A Terrific Taste of New Zealand
Te Anau - Captivating Seaside Spectacles of the Catlins
Doubtful Sound - Slowly Circling the Fiordland
Queenstown - An Evening beneath Snowy Peaks
Queenstown - Fabulous Food and Culture in the Alps
Franz Josef - The Crown Jewel of the West Coast
Franz Josef - Snowy Memories under the Stars
Christchurch - TranzAlpine Discoveries through Country and Coast
Christchurch - Bittersweet Last Moments in New Zealand
- Spend an afternoon discovering the remarkable feats of restoration sweeping the once devastated destination of Christchurch as you peruse its bustling cityscape poised in the proliferating greenery
- Set sail from the banks of the Akaroa Harbor to marvel at the many marine wonders sprawling the South Island seas, including rare dolphins who leap from the sparkling swells
- Venture to witness the luxuriant vistas composing the Canterbury Plains, Lake Tekapo, and Lake Pukaki as you slowly make your way to Aoraki for an evening beneath Mount Cook
- Uncover marvelous natural wonders en route to Dunedin, including golden images of the Twizel grasslands and memorable pictures of the Moeraki Boulders spreading across the desolate sand
- Indulge in the tantalizing artisanal delights at a buzzing market in Dunedin before relishing penguin sightings at Penguin Place or unraveling history in the Larnach Castle
- Marvel at the magnificent spectacles lining the vast stretch of coastline constituting the world-famous Catlins area, capturing unforgettable memories as you make your way to the New Zealand fiords
- Cruise past the fabled New Zealand fiords on an overnight boat trip showcasing the majesty of these surreal geological phenomenons and the marine creatures who reside alongside their rocky outcrops
- Admire the astonishing beech forests and glacier-fed natural pools of the surrounding Lake Wanaka hills and cherish scenes of the staggering stretch of West Coast rainforest
- Bask in the brilliant scenes of Franz Josef’s soaring snow-capped summits as you slowly galavant the spirited town and unwind in the icy paradise
- Soar across New Zealand’s postcard-perfect landscapes, from rolling emerald hills to soaring snowy summits, onboard the world-famous TranzAlpine Train
$8,874 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.81 stars based on 37 reviews.
Reviewed By Elizabeth M.
Reviewed By Tim F.
Reviewed By Terry O.
Reviewed By Diane H.
Reviewed By Karthik R.
Reviewed By Jason S.