Soar to New Zealand for nine days of essential exploration through its Southern Alpines. This tour showcases the frosted allure of New Zealand's picturesque landscapes. Beginning in the buzzing city of Christchurch and culminating atop the icy summit of Franz Josef, every second of this tour will bring you closer to the surreal spectacles that sweep New Zealand’s Southern summits.
Christchurch - An Evergreen Countryside
Devastatingly affected by a natural disaster some years ago, Christchurch has since rebuilt and reconstructed into a vibrant New Zealand cityscape. Luxuriant gardens and flowering trees line buzzing boulevards, and decorated cathedrals offset the gentrification of the city. After transferring to your comfy accommodation surrounded by the evergreen, you will be immersed in the colorful character of the city. With an evening to unwind, you may visit a local artisanal restaurant for a taste of New Zealand’s multicultural delights with a backdrop of the bucolic countryside.
Mount Cook - Snow-Capped Peaks
Queenstown - Over the Southern Alps
Queenstown - The Doubtful Sound
Queenstown - The Finer Side of Life
Franz Josef - Thermal Glacier Pools
Franz Josef - On the Frosty Crest
Christchurch - Spectacular Scenes
Christchurch - Departure
- Peruse the spirited cityscape of Christchurch to hallowed cathedrals and manicured parks
- Discover the ceaseless beauty of Mount Cook’s icy glaciers on a tour of the Southern countryside
- Set sail across the calm lake of Queenstown aboard a private boat for sunset and supper with panoramic views
- Spend moments basking in the lake landscapes of Lake Wakatipu and the incredible Doubtful Sound fjord
- Stroll along the Gibbston Valley wine trail to savor the prestigious flavors of New Zealand’s finest Pinot
- Witness Queenstown's surrounding splendor from unique perspectives aboard a gondola as you float along the streams
- Dip your body into the balmy water of the Franz Josef thermal glacier pools within the emerald rainforest
- Capture unforgettable moments hiking frosty paths to remarkable ice formations on the snow-capped peaks of Franz Josef
- Appreciate New Zealand’s scenic splendor, from Greymouth to Christchurch, during a train journey that is regarded as one of the most beautiful in the world
$2,983 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.84 stars based on
Reviewed By AJAY C.
Reviewed By Jeffrey H.
Reviewed By Dan H.
Reviewed By Tim F.
Reviewed By Jared R.
Reviewed By Elizabeth M.