Adventure, exploration, and unforgettable experiences highlight your perfect 7-day New Zealand tour. Your private tours and specialized guides will immerse you in the splendid landscape around the South Island. The majesty of New Zealand will emerge from Queenstown to Abel Tasman National Park, Milford Sound to Canterbury. Fly over shimmering glaciers, sip celebrated wine in lush vineyards, and cruise down serene fiords in search of waterfalls and wildlife.
Christchurch - South Island Culture
Christchurch is a special city. Energized and reimagined after the 2011 earthquake, the city is a wonderful introduction to New Zealand’s culture. After being greeted at the airport, you will be transferred to a five-star hotel in a building that has been repurposed since the earthquake. You will soon discover the local atmosphere and Kiwi way of life on a local tour of the city. Massive art murals cover the walls, and you will gain an intimate insight into what happened during and after the quake. Afterward, you will have dinner reservations at a tiny restaurant that hides behind rubble.
Christchurch - Swimming With Dolphins
Queenstown - In a Mountainous Wilderness
Milford Sound - Overnight Cruise on Milford Sound
Queenstown - Scenic Flight Over Fiordland
Nelson to Abel Tasman National Park - South Island’s Tropical Coast
Abel Tasman National Park - Kayaking and Hiking
Nelson - Departure
- Cruise around Milford Sound and spend a serene night on the fjord enveloped by rare wilderness
- Swim with wild dolphins during an afternoon of pure thrills near Christchurch
- Kayak and hike along South Island’s tropical coastline during a privately-guided day in Abel Tasman National Park
- Soar above the Canterbury Plains in a hot air balloon with the Southern Alps shimmering along the horizon
- Feel the adventure of a jet boat ride down the Shotover River, which is just one experience for your time in Queenstown
- Explore Fiordland from the air on a scenic helicopter flight, which includes the opportunity to touch down and walk on a glacier
- Take some time away from the adventure during an afternoon of tasting in the world’s southernmost wine region
- Uncover Christchurch’s cultural secrets and discover how the city is rebuilding itself following the 2011 earthquake
$7,275 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.84 stars based on
Reviewed By Nancy H.
Reviewed By Ellen W.
Reviewed By Luz N.
Reviewed By Carol P.
Reviewed By Tim F.
Reviewed By Diane H.