Escape and explore a forgotten frontier, where rhinos thrive, and Tibetan monasteries glow beneath the mountains. Western Nepal is the land of the wild Himalayas, a place few people visit and even fewer understand. Proud and pristine, this land has only just become accessible to visitors, so bask in the uniqueness of a Lower Dolpo trek and a jungle safari. If you seek off the beaten track adventure, there’s nowhere quite like Nepal.
Kathmandu – Touch Down and Checking Out the City
Exotic scenes will fill your day once you touch down in Kathmandu. You will meet your guide at the airport before your private transfer takes you to the hotel. Then spend the day exploring as the itinerary will be flexible to your energy levels. Just walking around Thamel will bring hundreds of evocative impressions. Bicycle rickshaws cut down streets of mandala paintings and incense slips out from temple sanctuaries. Holy men don painted bodies and orange robes while cows lie in the road to rest. Monkeys swing beneath prayer flags at Swayambhunath pagoda, but this is only just the start. Tomorrow you’ll fly off to the far west of the country, where it’s just as exotic but far less crowded.
Nepalgunj – Relaxed Morning and Flying to Far Western Nepal
Dunai – Himalayan Scenic Flight and the First Day of Trekking
Chhepka – Into Shey Phoksundo National Park
Chhepka – Through a Forest of Cedars and Past a 1,000-Foot Waterfall
Ringmo – Lakeside Life in the Wild Himalayas
Ringmo – Exploring Phoksundo Lake With its Glaciers and Monasteries
Day 8 - 9
Juphal – Descending Through Wild Valleys
Bardiya National Park – Nepal’s Lesser-Known Jungle Safari
Day 11 - 12
Bardiya National Park – Relaxing With Rhinos and Elephants
Kathmandu – Final Morning Safari and Back in the Capital
Kathmandu – Departure
- Savor eight days on the trekking trail as you traverse rivers and forests in Shey Phoksundo National Park
- Bask in the beauty of Phoksundo Lake, a pristine work of nature hidden away in the Himalayas
- Come eye to eye with rhinos on a jungle safari in Bardiya National Park, Nepal’s lesser-known wildlife realm.
- Fully celebrate the beauty of the wild as you follow trails that see hardly any other trekkers
- Get invited to mountain monasteries, feel the warm welcome of rural villages, and connect with a proud Himalayan culture
- Tailor your jungle experience with walks, drives and boat safaris bringing intimacy with nature’s giants
- Marvel at the views on a 35-minute scenic flight from Nepalgunj to Juphal, the only way to access the Phoksunod trekking region
- Experience a landscape and destination that remains entirely off tourists’ radar, known only to a handful in Nepal
$3,635 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.77 stars based on
Reviewed By JOHN D.
Reviewed By Dan M.
Reviewed By Marc J.
Reviewed By Jill P.
Reviewed By Jackie W.
Reviewed By Huan W.