Myanmar captivates with its tropical beaches of deserted white sand, mystical landscapes of ancient temples and stilt house villages on pristine alpine lakes. Inspiring and inimitable, the country entices visitors of all ages. With this three-city family itinerary, blend cultural immersion with Myanmar's finest landscapes, with space to relax and explore at leisure. Along the way, there are traditional ceremonies, sunset cruising, and unique displays of cultural color.
Bagan – Exploring the Temples of a Lost World
Land in Bagan and immediately feel how different Myanmar is to the rest of the world. Sublime sandstone monuments rise amidst the trees; their extravagance stretches for miles across the dusty plains. Golden stupas reflect in the Irrawaddy River; 900-year-old murals hide beside giant Buddha images, and the landscape is quick to overwhelm your senses. There are over 2,000 temples and pagodas, relics from one of the world's biggest building booms. Myanmar's iconic destination, Bagan presents a mythical world where every angle baffles the eye. Be greeted at the airport and transferred to your hotel in Old Bagan in easy walking distance of the area’s largest temples.
Explore all afternoon and wind your way along the sandy trails to a series of the most inspiring temples. Some offer adventure as you climb narrow staircases to phenomenal views over the plains. Others imbue serenity, where meditative chants and incense spill from the archways. Young monks gather in one as sand artists paint in another while shining gold Buddhas shimmer in many. No two are the same, and your guide will unravel the narratives on their history to take you on an architectural journey through the monarchs of Myanmar's past.
Bagan – Cultural Immersion for the Whole Family
Bagan – Hot Air Balloon Rides and a Horse and Carriage
Inle Lake – Iconic Stilt Houses Above the Water
Inle Lake – Spiritual Ceremonies and Adventure Along the Lake
Inle Lake – Exploring the Hill Tribes of Myanmar
Ngapali – Gazing Out at the Bay of Bengal
Day 8 - 10
Ngapali – Tropical Tranquility on Myanmar's Finest Beach
Ngapali – Departure
- Explore the mystical lost world of Bagan, where thousands of temples and stupas rise like mythical odes to the past
- Take a hot air balloon above Bagan, and then roam between the temples on bicycles and a horse-drawn carriage
- Visit traditional villages and immerse yourself in local life, including visits to junior monasteries and nunneries
- Take part in Buddhist ceremonies that are filled with color and inimitability
- Cruise along the Irrawaddy River at sunset, watching the temples reflect gently in the river
- Spend three days in a stilt house on Inle Lake, with narrow-boat tours enabling you to interact with the region's local customs
- Complete the family itinerary on Ngapali, Myanmar's finest beach, where you have four days of white sand and tropical tones along the Bay of Bengal
$2,855 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.79 stars based on
Reviewed By kanak s.
Reviewed By Eric S.
Reviewed By Morris E.
Reviewed By Su J.
Reviewed By Jasper O.
Reviewed By Ronald L.