Discover Japan and its fascinating culture with your family during this immersive 13-day tour leading from the buzzing streets of Tokyo to the beautiful panoramas of Kobe. Along the way, you will learn a great deal about the country and its people while cherishing spectacular scenes cataloged in glossy magazines. From the culinary delights to the spiritual finds, Japan is yours to explore.
Tokyo - A Journey to the Japanese Capital
After a long day and night of traveling, you will arrive in the capital and beating heart of Japan, Tokyo, a city that never sleeps. Stretching out in all directions, cloud-scraping buildings stand draped in neon-lit billboards and eccentric districts are riddled with colorfully dressed locals perusing traditional eateries. There is a distinct atmosphere pouring from Tokyo’s buzzing neighborhoods that will sweep you away as you make your way to your accommodation nestled in a district with a thriving social scene.
Tokyo - A City Needing No Introduction
Tokyo - Images of a Spirited City
Tokyo - Succulent Seafood and Luxuriant Lawns
Hakone - In the Embrace of Nature
Kyoto - Enter the Edo Period
Kyoto - Majesty of the Japanese Temples
Kyoto - Japanese Craftsmanship at its Finest
Kyoto - The Archaic Japanese Capital
Hiroshima - One for the History Books
Hiroshima - Magnificent Miyajima and Mount Misen
Kobe - To the Summit of Rokko
Kobe - Memories for a Lifetime
- Let panoramic vistas of Tokyo’s immaculate skyline seduce you from soaring heights at the Tokyo City View Observatory before uncovering the country’s empirical heritage at the Meiji Jingu Shrine
- Explore as many corners of Tokyo as you can during tours of the famous Tsukiji Fish Market, where succulent seafood will dazzle your senses, and the Nezu Museum, a spectacular home of Japanese art and architecture
- Appreciate Hakone’s dreamy evergreen landscapes as you stroll through the luxuriant Hakone Gora Park and let the emblematic artwork in the Hakone Open Air Museum sweep you off your feet
- Ascend to the summit of Komagatake to capture unparalleled views of Mount Fuji, cruise the tranquil waters of Lake Ashi, and stroll along the iconic Edo period Tokaido road in Kyoto
- Uncover the spiritual underpinnings of Kyoto as you tour the mesmerizing temples flecking the region, including the Kinkaku-Ji, Ryoan-Ji, and Kiyomizu Temple
- Admire the meticulous craftsmanship of Kyoto’s sanctified heritage sites, including the remarkable facade of the Nijo Castle and the impressive collection of vibrant orange arches composing the Fushimi Inari Shrine
- Discover a world before our own as you visit the ancient Japanese capital, Nara, a destination laden with historical complexes of grand proportions for you to swoon over
- Deepen your understanding of the tragic events that unfolded in Hiroshima as you tour evocative exhibits in the Atomic Bomb Dome and Peace Memorial
- Voyage to the staggering Miyajima Island, where sparkling seascapes will flank the soaring summit of Mount Misen and history will come to life within the O-Torii Gate
$8,783 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.83 stars based on
Reviewed By Alan B.
Reviewed By Ian P.
Reviewed By Eliezer B.
Reviewed By Peter C.
Reviewed By Shuguang Z.
Reviewed By Susan F.