The marvels of the wine and food are at your fingertips during your custom-tailored 8-day Northern Italy food tour dedicated to the splendor of farm-to-table cooking and soil-to-bottle vineyards. Sip a glass of indulgent wine with a view of the snow-capped peaks of the Dolomite Mountains. Wander the cobblestone streets of a Renaissance city adorned with shining frescoes and olive-grove aromas. The cuisine of the region explains much of its heritage and landscape.
Venice – Welcome to Veneto
The region of Veneto is home to the Dolomite Mountains as they sweep down to the edges of the Venetian Lagoon. The stunning architecture and artistry of the Republic of Venice brush the towns and cities across the region. Your flight will land at Marco Polo International Airport, and your private transfer will meet you at baggage claim. The iconic image of the lagoon shores fades to the waterways that lead you to the commune of Mira, connected to the larger expanse of the Metropolitan City of Venice. Settle into a luxurious villa lined with lush cypress trees; the idyllic location will provide a touch of elegance to the remarkable countryside that surrounds the estate with views that overlook the banks of the Brenta River as it feeds into the Adriatic Sea.
You will pass the 17th-century grounds of the Villa Foscarini Negrelli, a neoclassical structure with Ionic columns that support a triangular tympanum adorned with statues and pinnacles along the façade. In the evening, you will venture to a celebrated restaurant famous for its connection to the Slow Food Movement and principled belief of local, seasonal cuisine. The untraditional location contrasts with the impressive dishes served from the kitchen. Once you enter the restaurant, the aroma of ragu and seafood fills the dining room. The sweet and savory combination of prawns served with black sesame and pumpkin puree creates an unforgettable dish you will wish to emulate for any dinner party you ever have. You will end your dinner with a flaky, cream-filled zabaglione, which offers the perfect introduction to a sweet Veneto treat.
Venice – Delight in the Iconic City
Verona – Explore the Cities of Padua and Vicenza
Verona – Indulge in the Beauty of Verona and its Celebrated Cuisine
Lake Garda – Visit a Local Olive Mill and Winery on the Banks of Lake Garda
Lake Garda – Discover the Medieval Town of Bardolino and the Local Wines
Bassano del Grappa – Enjoy Majesty in the Dolomites and Historic Towns
Venice – Depart for Home
- Discover the tremendous wines of Veneto with a tour of a wine museum and a private tasting of Bardolino vines
- Indulge in the succulent flavors of the slow food movement in the region, embraced by chefs eager to share seasonal and regional cuisine
- Visit the home of Juliet from Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet you enjoy a pastry and sweets tour of a shop celebrated by locals
- Sample the flavors of grappa in a town along the foothills of the Dolomite Mountains
- Enjoy an in-depth tour of a historical olive mill to learn the process of olive oil production from soil to bottle, followed by an olive oil tasting
- Relish in the rich history of Venice embodied in the remarkable architecture and incredible artwork
- Witness opulent works of Giotto in the Cappella degli Scrovegni, often referred to as the Sistine Chapel of the North
- Bask in the majestic scenery of the shores of Lake Garda, from the vineyards and hills to the distant mountains that overtake the horizon
$2,859 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By William S.
Reviewed By Nancy S.
Reviewed By Jorge H.
Reviewed By Laurie D.
Reviewed By Cynthia C.