History is filled with noble families rising in power and class, spanning time to protect one another against the outside world. This 8-day kid-friendly Italy vacation teaches you about Roman mythology, medieval history, and masterworks of art. Follow the noble route of a family adventure by discovering the hidden underbelly of the Colosseum and learning the depths to which the food culture runs. Each moment will build treasured memories in the surrounding, timeless world.
Rome – Arrive In Timeless Rome
Rome is a city that embraces its past and looks towards the future. Remnants of Roman aqueducts run through the outskirts of the city. The cobblestone streets lead to hidden piazzas filled with charming tables and locals savoring the afternoon sunlight. Opulent fountains trickle with water adding ambiance and décor to expansive plazas.
When your plane lands at the airport, your private transfer awaits your arrival. Rome maintains a vibrant energy swirling around ancient ruins and historic churches. The kids marvel at the amount of history strewn about the city, saying it looks like a movie set. Sporadic palm trees grow throughout the city towering above the cobblestone lanes but beneath the attractive skyline of steeples and treasured cathedral domes.
As the sun begins to set, you stroll through the city finding Piazza Navona. The square was built in the 1st century AD and feels like a large stadium with several fountains on display. The Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi, The Fountain of the Four Rivers, was erected in the 17th century representing four major rivers across four continents commemorated in marbled Greek-esque figures. The family can sit in the square indulging in some gelato from Gelateria del Teatro, and basking in the beauty of Rome.
Rome – A Family Visit to the Sistine Chapel
Rome – Introduction to Real Roman Cuisine
Rome – A Family that Eats Together
Florence – A Family of Castles
Florence – Medieval Wonder of Siena
Florence – Elements of Art
Florence – Keeping the Family Close
- Experience Rome’s antiquity on a private VIP tour of the Colosseum and view the ruins in a new and unique way
- Discover the grandeur of the Vatican Museum on an After-Hours Tour visiting some of Western Civilizations most treasured masterpieces
- Ingratiate the family as true Romans with a guided tour taking you into the cultural flavors of the city and region in a traditional Roman neighborhood
- Enjoy a family cooking course with an Italian nonna, bringing the family into the kitchen to make everyone’s favorite pizza
- Revel in the enchantment of medieval palaces set inside the ancient ramparts of historic cities
- Inspire the family with a visit to the Uffizi Gallery, where kids and adults alike can scour the masterworks of the Renaissance in marvel
$2,859 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By Jennifer K.
Reviewed By Jeff a.
Reviewed By Libby M.
Reviewed By Lisa B.
Reviewed By Suparna P.
Reviewed By JEFFREY L.