The pristine side of Italy will be yours to explore on this 8-day tour of the Umbria, Marche, and Abruzzo regions. Despite the many attractions of Italy's interior, the countryside remains relatively untouched by the millions of tourists that visit each year. As you take in your environment through leisure and guided explorations, the imagination will come to life as you enjoy an introduction to rural Italy's heart and soul.
Umbria – The Italian Heartland
One of the few regions in Italy without a coastline of its own, Umbria enjoys an elevated vantage point in the rugged hills and craggy mountains of the Apennine range. Into this rustic atmosphere you will plunge on your first day on this Italian tour after your flight arrives at the main Roman Airport. The remainder of the day will be yours to explore the abundant artistic treasures, historical sites, and natural beauty that pervade this rural region.
Umbria – Some Iconic Vineyards
Umbria – Authentic Cooking Course
Ascoli Piceno – Italy's Rural Side
Ascoli Piceno – Picturesque Italian Town
Ascoli Piceno – Exploring Subterranean History
Ascoli Piceno – An Italian National Park
Ascoli Piceno – Departure
- Survey the scenic countryside and rugged hills of Umbria, where Italy's rural side is alive and well
- Savor the culinary treasures of central Italy on a visit to the hilltop village of Montepulciano, where wine provides an excellent vehicle to explore the local culture
- Immerse yourself in the sights, sounds, and smells of an Italian kitchen where careers are born in addition to the country's love affair with exquisite food
- Stroll through the scenic setting of Ascoli Piceno as you depart Umbria for the rugged wilds and rolling hills of Italy's Marche region
- Plaza-hop in the charming Old Town of Ascoli Piceno and witness the exuberant culture during an evening walk through these open-air respites
- Plunge into the cool depths of the underground caves of Camerano in Loreto, where centuries of pilgrims have left an indelible mark on the culture of the town
- Scan the horizon from the top of an 11th-century castle in Italy's Abruzzo region during a day trip through the rugged and mountainous terrain
$2,907 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
5 stars based on
Reviewed By Michael G.
Reviewed By Marie P.
Reviewed By Emily H.
Reviewed By Scott D.