This luxurious 14-day Southern Italy tour has you traveling through revered regions and back-country villages to uncover tales of ancient cultures and modern delicacies. Luxuriate on the beaches in Sicily after sipping homemade wines, marvel at spectacular views from a Norman Castle, admire art and architecture in magnificent cathedrals, witness active volcanoes, and learn how to make cannoli during your majestic experience of Southern Italy.
Taormina – Attend a Performance at the Greek Theater
The transparent waters of the Ionian Sea will welcome you as your plane touches down at Catania Fontanarossa Airport. Your private driver will be waiting for you and will promptly usher you to your luxurious accommodation, which will be located in the heart of Taormina. You will meet your guide at your hotel after you check-in to explore the fascinating town by foot. In the evening, you will travel back in time by visiting Teatro Greco, which is the Greek Theater. Here, you can walk in the footsteps of the ancient Greeks and learn about the history of their settlement in Sicily.
Taormina – Indulge in a Food and Wine Tour
Taormina – Hike along Dried Lava Beds
Cefalu – Admire Byzantine Mosaics and Castle Ruins
Cefalu – Delight in a Wine and Cheese Tasting
Cefalu – Watch a Volcanic Eruption on Stromboli
Ostuni – Soar through the Skies on a Private Jet
Ostuni – Partake in the Art of Crafting Olive Oil
Ostuni – Wander through a Maze of Trulli
Positano – Tour the Ancient Civilizations in Matera
Positano – Sip Homemade Limoncello
Positano – Splash in the Blue Grotto
Naples – Venture through the Ruins of Pompeii
Naples – Depart for Home
- Stroll through town and learn about the history of Taormina, which will be followed by an open-air performance at a Greek Theater that was built in the 3rd Century BC
- Explore phenomenal scenery from the remote village of Castelmola while enjoying a uniquely flavorful almond wine
- Indulge in a thrilling hike to the summit of Mt. Etna for a Sicilian picnic that will be complete with spectacular views
- Admire Byzantine mosaics and ancient Norman architecture as you immerse yourself in the dynamic history of Cefalu
- Learn the art of producing traditional Madonie Provola cheese, which will be followed with a local Sommelier who pairs these cheeses with Sicilian wines
- Island-hop through the remote Aeolian Islands to enjoy a wine tasting in Salina and to watch Stromboli’s volcano erupt against the dark night sky
- Craft your own cannoli in Palermo before jetting off to the sun-soaked Puglia Region in a private jet
- Wander through the whimsical town of Alberobello as you curiously admire the unique design of a trullo
- Uncover centuries worth of history and culture as you venture through the pre-historic streets of Matera
- Appreciate the fine art of production of homemade Limoncello as you sip the sweet and tangy delicacy in the shade of a family-owned lemon grove
- Cruise to the luxurious island of Capri in a privately chartered boat and explore the hilltop village of Anacapri
- Meander through the wide streets of Pompeii to learn about ancient culture and life in the shadow of Mt. Vesuvius
$5,007 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By Nancy S.
Reviewed By Victor H.
Reviewed By Mara M.
Reviewed By Barry N.
Reviewed By Jennifer J.
Reviewed By Barry B.