Your customizable 3-week best of Italy tour captures the beauty, charm, elegance, and glamour of the most popular cities and towns and brings you from Venice to Rome, Bellagio to the Amalfi Coast. Discover the splendor of the Colosseum and the prestige of marble palaces rising out of the Grand Canal, and then Indulge in the complex flavors of treasured Tuscan wine and the ancient preserved life frozen in Pompeii. The dynamic architecture of Florence and fascinating artwork of Pisa will create...
Day 1 - 3
Venice – Arrive in Venice and Explore the City and Island Highlights
Venice embodies grace and audacity, grandeur and elegance as the charming gondolas and stunning marble palaces line the winding canals. With 118 islands consisting of six neighborhoods that are connected by approximately 400 bridges, Venice is a unique city that captures the hearts and the imaginations of visitors from all around the world. Your flight will land at Marco Polo Airport, where your private transfer will greet you upon your arrival. You will then travel by vaporetto across the famous Grand Canal to reach the private jetty of your luxury hotel that overlooks the quiet waters of a narrow channel. Three days in Venice provides a perfect amount of to discover and explore the splendors of the city and the marvels of the islands scattered across the Venetian Lagoon.
A private tour of Venice will immerse you in the iconic beauty of the Rialto Bridge, the cobbled walkways, and St. Mark’s Square. The Campanile towers over the public plaza at 323 feet tall are crowned with a golden figure of Archangel Gabriel. The five bulbous domes of eponymous Basilica reach 141 feet tall and reflect the mixture of Byzantine, Romanesque, and Gothic architectural styles that date back to the ground plan from the 11th century. More than 500 columns are crafted from rare marble, alabaster, and jasper that support the church accentuated by the gilded majesty of 45,639 square feet of mosaics. Your guide will offer incredible historical and cultural detail and give you the stories behind the adornments, including the geometrical and natural patterns of the inlaid marble floor that overtakes 22,593 square feet with the occasional animal or floral design molded from marble or glass.
Spending time in the Venetian Lagoon also offers the opportunity for visiting the famous islands of Murano, Burano, and Torcello, which are known for glassblowing, lacework, and a peaceful escape from the crowds of Venice respectively. When visiting Murano, you can wander along the cobbled lanes and stroll beside the canals where colorful fishing boats wade in the water. The island’s main attraction remains the glassblowers and their studios, which have been on the island since the 13th century after the Doge transferred the artisans from Venice out of fear their kilns would start a fire. Enjoy visiting one of the many artists on the island during a demonstration watching them heat the glass while using poles, rails, water, and thick cloths to shape the material into their desired form.
Milan – Visit Padova and Verona before the Night in Milan
Day 5 - 7
Bellagio – Enjoy the Italian Alps and Towns of the Lakes Region
Day 8 - 10
Monterosso – Relish the Charms of Cinque Terre and Gulf of Poets
Day 11 - 14
Florence – Traverse the Famous Beauty and History of Tuscany
Day 15 - 17
Rome – Visit Orvieto and an Immersive Exploration of Rome
Day 18 - 20
Ravello – Traverse Naples and Delight in the Amalfi Coast
Naples – Depart for Home
- Explore the fascinating history of Pompeii as preserved in pumice and ash that captures the daily life of ancient Roman citizens
- Discover the captivating treasures on display in the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica, including Michelangelo’s Pietà
- Wander the incredible galleries in the Uffizi, home to an impressive collection of masterworks including Caravaggio’s Bacchus
- Witness the unique outline of a master fresco in Pisa’s Campo Santo, the initial drawing completed by the master artist
- Traverse the exceptional natural beauty and charming ambiance captured in Monterosso al Mare and the neighboring coastal towns of Cinque Terre
- Bask in the elegance and grandeur of Italy’s Lakes Region when visiting the Baroque Borromean Palace on Isola Bella
- View the initial inspiration for the Early-Renaissance movement in Giotto’s fresco cycle that decorates the Cappella degli Scrovegni in Padova
- Delight in the letters that adorn the antique archway and atmospheric courtyard set beneath the iconic balcony of Juliet Capulet’s home in Verona
- Take in the dramatic design of the Colosseum on a tour of Rome’s renowned ancient sites
- Sample the distinctive flavors of Montepulciano’s Vino Nobile when uncovering the charismatic ambiance of Tuscany’s famous medieval towns
$7,513 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.87 stars based on
Reviewed By Gerald N.
Reviewed By Jennifer J.
Reviewed By Michael C.
Reviewed By Jon S.
Reviewed By Erin C.
Reviewed By Scott D.