Indulge in authentic culinary arts that span heritage and history on your 9-day Israel food tour that explores the depths of regional flavors from Jerusalem to Galilee and Tel Aviv. Between decadent food discoveries in ancient cities and local villages, the breadth of Israel’s history will be revealed during tours of fascinating heritage sites, breathtaking desert regions, charming coastal cities, and flourishing wildlife reserves for an encompassing taste of Israel.
Jerusalem - Arrival in the Capital
Ancient history blends with modern amenities, a historic atmosphere mixes with glamorous ambiance, and cultural charms contend for the attention of travelers that pass through the capital of Israel, Jerusalem. You will arrive at Ben Gurion Airport, meet your transfer, and be whisked away to accommodation in the center of the city’s spirited activity. Today will provide an opportunity to acclimate to your new surroundings and admire the history, cultural diversity, and scenery from colorful neighborhoods around town. In the evening, you will try the local flavors at humming markets as the sunset brings your first day to an end.
Jerusalem - The Flavors of Israel
Jerusalem - Tours Through Time
Galilee - Across the Judean Desert
Galilee - Culture and Cuisine at the Golan Heights
Tel Aviv - Crusader Cities of Israel
Tel Aviv - The City’s Best Highlights
Tel Aviv - Learn to Cook Israeli Cuisine
Tel Aviv - Breakfast and Goodbyes
- Stroll along the Tayelet Haas Promenade to the Old City of Jerusalem and peruse the colorful cultural quarters to visit the Western Wall, the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, and Arabian culinary markets, where you will taste authentic Israeli cuisine
- Remember the dramatic events of the Holocaust and pay your respects to the Jewish people who died fighting the Nazis as you browse the evocative exhibits at the Yad Vashem memorial museum
- Join a professional chef on a culinary tour of the colorful vegetable vendors and fragrant spice stalls of the Shuk Machane Yehuda marketplace, where you will collect fresh ingredients for a private Israeli dinner
- Prepare traditional Arabian pita bread at a culinary home inside a local Judean Desert village after a relaxing camel ride across the golden sand seas surrounding the Jordan Valley
- Cross the Golan Heights to authentic Druze villages, independent Arab communities, where you will try the regional cuisine with friendly locals, and continue to a gorgeous winery overlooking the immense Golan area
- Cruise to the Crusader cities of Israel, including Acre and Caesarea, to see the Roman history at the elaborate Knight’s Hall and explore the fascinating flavors of the regional cuisine as prepared centuries ago
- Explore the city of Tel Aviv as you stroll across the glamorous Rothschild Boulevard, walk the historic Independence Trail, and tuck into local delicacies at the Jaffa Flea Market
- Indulge in the flavors of Tel Aviv on a culinary tour from the Carmel Food Market to a nearby cooking school where you will learn to prepare authentic Israeli dishes under the guidance of a professional chef
$4,675 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.89 stars based on
Reviewed By Sharon A.
Reviewed By Nancy H.
Reviewed By John C.
Reviewed By Jonathan D.
Reviewed By Nina B.
Reviewed By Wayne M.