Discover the windswept and rugged Western coast of Ireland on this 9-day self-guided tour. Stretching from Kinsale in the south and snaking around the west coast to Londonderry in the north, the Wild Atlantic Way offers endless sights, activities, and encounters. You will not have to look hard to find incredible vistas, friendly locals, and tasty bites between Shannon and Donegal when following the advice of our experts.
Connemara – Arrive in Ireland
When searching for spectacular coastal scenery, you cannot do much better than Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way. You will fly into Shannon Airport in County Clare, collect your rental car, and head to Connemara in County Galway. The Cliffs of Moher are on your route and should not be missed. The scale of the cliffs is impressive, and the views of the Aran Islands and the mountains of Connemara are inspirational. This city of Galway is also worth a stop. Here, you can tuck into some of the city's history and vibrant music scene.
Connemara – Ireland’s Savage Beauty
Cong – Time Travel to the Aran Islands
Donegal – The Surf Coast
Donegal – Irish Life in the North
Donegal – Gardens and Glens
Donegal – Ireland through Food
Dublin – Modern Day to the Stone Age
Dublin – Depart to Home
- Appreciate the incredible perspective from atop the Cliffs of Moher
- Stroll the streets of Galway to uncover some of Ireland's history and music
- Paint your own memories of the rugged beauty of Connemara
- Transport yourself back in time to the Celtic age when visiting the Aran Islands
- Pay your respects to the famous Irish poet, William Butler Yeats, at Drumcliffe Cemetary
- Embrace the beauty and mystery of Glenveagh National Park
- Discover the local flavors and those who produce them on a food tour around County Donegal
- Visit the prehistoric site at Newgrange, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
$4,675 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.91 stars based on
Reviewed By Christine B.
Reviewed By James P.
Reviewed By Judy G.
Reviewed By Steven P.
Reviewed By Ian T.
Reviewed By Deb M.