Indian culture comes to life in the cuisine and historic experiences that await on this 9-day heritage tour of New Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, and Varanasi. Discover the country’s storied history exploring iconic UNESCO World Heritage sites, including the Taj Mahal and many others. Delve into the decadent and hearty flavors of traditional Indian cuisine at bustling city markets and embrace the wonders of Mughal architecture in India’s centuries-old cities.
New Delhi - First Steps in Delhi’s Dazzling Districts
As you step off your plane in Indira Gandhi International Airport, the warm New Delhi wind will wrap around you like a cloak. India’s capital city is a storied destination that typifies the country’s colorful history yet brims with contemporary charm you will soon discover as you transfer to your accommodation tucked away in a bustling Delhi district. You may explore Delhi and acclimate to its unique energy epitomized by the thrillingly chaotic bazaars and taste-bud-tantalizing eateries dotting its decorated skyline.
New Delhi - Wonders of Ancient India
Agra - Romantic Stories of Decades Past
Agra - Icons and Legends of Agra
Jaipur - 16th-Century Discoveries in Fatehpur Sikri
Jaipur - Odes to Ancient Eras
Varanasi - Spiritual Traditions on the Banks of the Ganges
Varanasi - Temple Tour along the Ganges River
Varanasi - Flavors of India in Varanasi
- Explore UNESCO World Heritage Sites peppering India’s capital city New Delhi on a tour of the Red Fort, Raj Ghat, Agrasen ki Baoli, and more
- Relish a legendary tour of Agra’s iconic sites, including the world-famous Taj Mahal, one of the new Seven Wonders of the World, and Mughal heritage symbol, the Agra Fort
- Stopover in the storied red sandstone city of Fatehpur Sikri to uncover the destination’s rich Mughal history as depicted in the architecture and heritage sites within its fortified walls
- Wander the rich historic districts of Jaipur to immerse yourself in the city’s staggering heritage, from the breathtaking architecture of Amber Fort and Hawa Mahal to the inspiring ancient innovation of Jantar Mantar
- Enjoy traditional Indian experiences, including a Henna painting class in which you will receive the symbolic dye on your hands and feet as well as an authentic culinary class
- Witness significant spiritual traditions along the banks of the Ganges River in Varanasi, such as the Ganga Aarti, and visit shrines and sites honoring Hindu gods and goddesses
- Set sail across the calm waters of the Ganges River as the sunrise sets Varanasi ablaze and flickers off the gleaming streams
- Meander the spiritual districts of Varanasi to visit sacred temples and venerated spiritual sites, including the Tulsi Manas Temple, Durga Temple, and Kashi Vishwanath Temple, to name a few
$2,101 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.84 stars based on
Reviewed By JOHN D.
Reviewed By Angie N.
Reviewed By Maria L.
Reviewed By Atul M.
Reviewed By Rachel M.
Reviewed By Mahesh R.