This 18-day sample itinerary gives you the ultimate tour along the Adriatic with a mix of iconic highlights together with offbeat attractions and surprises. Imagine magical old cities, mesmerizing national parks, mystical islands and all the possibility of the coastline with truffle hunting, wine tasting, island hopping, cave swimming, canals, palaces, waterfalls, and medieval villages. Venice to Dubrovnik is the perfect route along the Adriatic coast as you follow the footsteps of past empires...
Venice – Savoring the City of Canals
Venice may seem like an unusual place to start a southeastern Europe tour, but the Venetian influence reaches far wider than just the city of canals. A vast empire once spread along the Adriatic with Venice the trading center between the Orient and Europe. Touch down in this iconic city, and then you will transfer in the style of the old traders as a gondolier punts you down the canals to your boutique five-star hotel. A maze of narrow alleyways is perfect for getting lost, a quintessential first experience in a city that seduces you from every angle. In some cities, you will need a guide, and tomorrow you will enjoy an engaging guided experience, but your first day in Venice is all about where your footsteps can randomly take you.
Venice – A Private Venice Walking Tour Plus Murano and Burano Islands
Rovinj – Uncovering a Vibrant Medieval Heritage
Rovinj – Truffle Hunting and Local Experiences in the Istrian Peninsula
Rovinj – Exploring Brijuni National Park and Pula
Zadar – Plitvice Lakes and Sunset With the Sea Organ
Zadar – A City of Cafes, Charms, and Surprises
Zadar – Day Trip to the Island of Pag
Split – Immersed in the Natural World
Split – The UNESCO World Heritage Wonders of Trogir and Split
Split – Discovering Bosnia: Mostar and Pocitelj
Hvar – Fragrant Farmlands, Beautiful Towns, and Island Life
Hvar – A Day of Island Hopping and Exploring Caves
Korcula – The Very Best of the Green Island
Dubrovnik – Wine and Oyster Tasting on the Stunning Peninsula
Dubrovnik – Magic and Mystery of the Fortified Town on the Coast
Dubrovnik – A Day Trip to Neighboring Montenegro
Dubrovnik – Departure
- Be seduced by the fortified city of Dubrovnik, which is so much more than a famous filming location
- Go island hopping through the Adriatic with overnight stops on sultry Hvar and Korcula
- Explore the charms of Croatia’s lesser celebrated coastal cities as Zadar and Split provide very authentic local experiences, such as a singing sea organ
- Search out the unusual with Istrian truffle hunting, medieval villages, organic Croatian vineyards and cave swimming
- Visit a wide range of UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including Trogir, Diocletian’s Palace and the boutique Hvar town of Stari Grad
- Uncover the city of canals as you start your vacation in Venice at the very tip of the Adriatic
- Immerse yourself in Croatia’s superb national parks with Plitvice Lakes and Krka just two of the adventures in nature
- Spend a day in Montenegro to compare the towns and atmosphere with those in Croatia
- Complement your Croatian experiences with a day in Bosnia, stopping to discover the old and new histories of Pocitelj and Mostar
$9,949 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.67 stars based on
Reviewed By Leah N.
Reviewed By Linda B.
Reviewed By constance d.
Reviewed By Vanessa S.
Reviewed By Ronald W.
Reviewed By Neil K.