Discover history and heritage during your 9-day Croatia highlights tour that takes you from Budapest to Dubrovnik. Experience a rich diversity of cultures by sampling Hungarian recipes and Croatian cuisine. The Zagreb Hinterlands will reveal prestigious castles while Dubrovnik brings medieval grandeur to life. From natural beauty at the Plitvice Lakes to treasured oysters from a family farm, experience the best of Budapest and Croatia.
Budapest - Arrive and Explore Budapest
The grandeur of Budapest shines along the banks of the Danube River. The architecture reflects the dramatic history as streets pulse with vibrant life. Your private transfer will meet you at Budapest’s Ferenc Liszt International Airport upon your arrival. After settling into the pace of the city, your guide will meet you in the lobby eager to introduce you to the fascinating mixture of glamour, history, and culture beginning at Castle Hill. The district encompasses over a half-mile of a limestone plateau. Medieval monuments loom over a network of caves possessing soothing thermal springs.
Budapest - Enjoy a Culinary Tour of Budapest
Zagreb - Discover the Zagreb Hinterlands
Zagreb - Delight in the Cuisine of Zagreb
Plitvice - Traverse the Plitvice Region
Split - Wander Plitvice National Park and Transfer to Split
Split - Revel in the Tastes of Split and Trogir
Dubrovnik - Uncover the Charm of Hodilje
Dubrovnik - Embrace Dubrovnik and Depart for Home
- Indulge in the luscious flavors of oysters when visiting a family-owned oyster farm in a quiet Croatian village
- Experience treasured architecture in Budapest on a private tour revealing the depth of history from Ancient Rome to Austro-Hungary and World War II to the Soviet Era
- Sample the remarkable flavors of Hungarian cuisine on a private tour of Budapest to discover the rich ingredients and diverse spices including the prominent use of paprika
- Embrace the natural beauty of Croatia when touring the 16 glassy lakes and thundering waterfalls of Plitvice National Park
- Discover the charm and thrill of viewing bears in their natural habitat when visiting the bear sanctuary in Kuterevo
- Witness the mixture of dramatic fortresses and enchanting castles when traveling the Zagreb Hinterlands at Trakoscan Castle and Varazdin
- Delight in lively contemporary culture surrounded by ancient architecture in the city of Split embodied in the preserved design of Diocletian’s Palace
- Revel in the gorgeous views of the water and preserved historic architecture of Trogir, a small town with marble walkways leading to the seaside promenade
$3,856 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
5 stars based on 200 reviews.
Reviewed By Kristi L.
Reviewed By Judith S.
Reviewed By Oliver V.
Reviewed By Johanne P.
Reviewed By Jeanne L.
Reviewed By Jessica L.