Discover wildlife, bask in the coastal sunshine, and wander through a mixture of cloud and rainforest during your nine-day Costa Rica family vacation that is custom-tailored to how you want to experience your trip. Soar through the sky on a thrilling zip line excursion and indulge in relaxing hot springs. Venture onto the trails at night to find boa constrictors or enjoy celebrated beaches to appreciate Costa Rica together.
Arenal – Arrive in San Jose and Transfer to the Volcanic Area of Arenal
Families from around the world travel to Costa Rica to enjoy the thrill of discovery, the exhilaration of adventure, and the comforts of attentiveness and luxury. Your flight will land at Juan Santamaria International Airport, where your private transfer will greet you upon arrival.
You may pass through the edges of the city finding colorful markets with open walls and glowing with tropical colors. as the kids marvel at the brightness of the watermelon cut in half to showcase its freshness. The road in front of you can frame the perfectly cone-shaped peak of the volcano as you arrive in Arenal and the family-friendly grounds of your luxury resort.
Arenal – Enjoy a Family-Friendly Zip Line Tour and Organic Farm Visit
Arenal – Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Falls and Delight in a Chocolate Tour
Monteverde – Travel over Arenal Lake for a Night Hike in the Cloud Forest
Monteverde – Choose your Family-Friendly Cloud Forest Adventure
Guanacaste – Float Down the Corobici River to Find Stunning Wildlife
Guanacaste – Bask in a Sunset Sail and Snorkeling Excursion
Guanacaste – Choose from a Variety of Activities at Diamante Eco-Adventure Park
Liberia – Depart for Home
- Enjoy the thrill of a zip line tour over the rainforest of Arenal, taking in the view of the perfect cone-shaped volcanic peak
- Learn about the history and mysteries of chocolate before sampling a variety of flavors during a tasty tour
- Scour the banks of the Corobici River on a rafting safari providing views of the marvelous reptiles, birds, monkeys, and sloths that call the canopy home
- Wander the trails of Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve with a seasoned guide on a night tour searching for nocturnal activity
- Reveln in the comfortable sea breeze and gorgeous evening colors of the sky on an afternoon cruise often accentuated by pods of passing dolphins
- Traverse the trees of the cloud forest in Monteverde on a tour of the famous hanging bridges offering a chance to spot toucans and resplendent quetzals
- Visit the celebrated Diamante Eco-Adventure Park in Guanacaste where you can walk through the Animal Sanctuary to find butterflies, hummingbirds, and big cats
$2,101 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.92 stars based on 524 reviews.
Reviewed By Michelle M.
Reviewed By Michael P.
Reviewed By jeff s.
Reviewed By Lisa M.
Reviewed By Jennifer R.
Reviewed By Andrea A.