Bali is known as a destination that is shrouded in mythical stories and legends. The "Land of the Gods,” this is where folklore and legends come alive, as evident today as when they were first told. On this Bali vacation, see the Ramayana (a Hindu epic) before you are enamored by the fire dances and shadow plays; hear the tales of Bali’s royal past whispered from the spectacular temples, grand monuments, and ancient sacred sites. Be enchanted by its landscape; dine by the cliffs, by the...
Sanur – Welcome to the Capital of Bali
Your guide will meet you at the airport in the bustling capital city of Denpasar. On your way to your luxury hotel, discover that the charms of Bali are also in its architecture as its myths and culture are carved on every street and every turn. Barong, the mythical lion, guards the land fiercely at the cities many entrances; statues of Arjuna, Hanuman, and other warriors stand tall in the city, perhaps still fighting the battle of good and evil, the eternal battle at that spun the beginning of Bali’s legends.
Traditional architecture is also evident in your hotel, where you will certainly find rest. After a few moments to recover from your travels, visit the nearby Kuta and its famous Legian beach for a relaxing stroll to find a mélange of shops, cafes, and restaurants. Kuta has a mix of high-end brands and local wares, including the traditional kebayas (top), sarongs (wrap skirt), kamen (wrap for men) and udeng (headband for men). Renowned Balinese brands like Uluwatu and their handmade lace outfits and Bin House for batiks are also easily available. Over dinner, enjoy your first sunset in Bali before you return to your serene accommodations for a night of rest, lulled to sleep by the soft gamelan music that plays in the wind.
Sanur – Play with Dolphins at Dawn, then Up Close with Sharks and Turtles
Sanur – Cook Up a Feast and then Pamper Yourself
Sanur – Discover Villiage Life and then Enjoy Art and Culture by Sunset
Jimbaran – Explore the Uluwatu Temple and View the Magnificent Cliffs and Secluded Bays
Jimbaran – Adventure On the Water with Snorkeling by Day, Sunset by Night
Ubud – Journey through the Rice Fields in Search of Art, Crafts, and The Medicine Man
Ubud – Travel from the Holy Springs to the Hills to View the Majestic Volcano of Mount Batur
Seminyak – Traverse the Coastline from the Hills to the Sea
Seminyak – Farewell to Bali
- Embark on an enchanting discovery of Bali’s many temples, each unique with its own myths
- Visit the Ayun Temple on the lake, the legendary Tanah Lot in the sea, sacred grounds in the forest
- Continue to the Gunung Kawi Temple, situated within the holy spring and the Uluwatu temple by the cliffs
- Witness the reliving of the Hindu epic, the Ramayana (the battle of good and evil) through dances and colorful ceremonial parades; hear the retelling of Bali’s many folklores through shadow plays and cultural dances
- Immerse yourself in Balinese culture and visit countryside villages and partake in a Balinese feast
- Journey into Bali’s natural beauty of terraced rice fields, mythical mountains, volcanoes and crater lakes. Drive alongside cliffs and discover secluded bays
- Dine at the beachfront, in a Balinese home, in rice fields and by the edges of cliffs
- Find unique handcrafted pieces and gifts that are bound to be cherished collectibles like the batik, traditionally imprinted designs onto fabric
$3,245 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.87 stars based on
Reviewed By Lori P.
Reviewed By Michelle A.
Reviewed By james m.
Reviewed By Michelle L.
Reviewed By Harry N.
Reviewed By Gwen R.