Austria is magnificent for families and is a country where there is time and space to come together as one. Featuring four distinctive destinations, this 9-day Austria tour will have you exploring culture and nature together. Balloon over Salzkammergut, cycle the Danube, explore heritage and culture, and spend a day in a neolithic wonderland.
Vienna – The World’s Oldest Amusement Park
Touch down in Vienna and you will be greeted at arrivals by a local guide. It’s only a short transfer into the old city, where your hotel is surrounded by glorious architecture in many forms. Here you just need to step outside to admire the best of Austria’s baroque and Jugendstil styles. After some time to rest, you’ll explore Vienna’s finest family attractions. Dress up like the Hapsburgs in the Children’s Museum, wander Schonbrunn Palace, then relax at Wurstelprater, the world’s oldest amusement park.
Vienna – Cycling in the Danube Valley
Hallstatt – Salt Mines and Mountains
Hallstatt – Hot Air Balloon Flight
Lienz – A Chalet in the Hills
Lienz – Customize Your Outdoor Adventure around the Glossglockner
Innsbruck – Pizza, Pasta, and Austria
Innsbruck – An Enchanting Old City
Innsbruck – Departure
- Soar across Austria’s famous Salzkammergut Lake District on a beautiful hot air balloon flight, suitable for everyone aged over three
- Hide away from the world with an alpine stay near Lienz, where you will find Austrian solitude
- Explore the best of Vienna for kids, including the world’s oldest amusement park and a museum where you can dress up like the Hapsburg times
- Enjoy a leisurely day cycling in the bucolic Lower Danube Valley, with stops at a vineyard and to explore castle ruins
- Discover neolithic times for a day with a guided visit to Otzidorf Umhausen, where you can live like the Stone Age
- Discover eery history and surreal sights in Altaussee Salt Mine, a fascinating place where the kids can slide underground
- Travel from Lienz to Innsbruck via Italy, a chance to grab authentic pizza and pasta as well as explore the mountains
$7,015 per person (excluding international flights)
Your Zicasso trip is fully customizable, and this sample itinerary is a starting place for your travel plans. Actual costs are dynamic, and your selection of accommodations and activities, your season of travel, and other such variables will bring this budget guideline up or down. Throughout your planning experience with your Zicasso specialist, your itinerary is designed around your budget. You can book your trip when you are satisfied with every detail. Planning your trip with a Zicasso travel specialist is a free service.
The starting price is based on travel during the low season for a minimum of two travelers staying in shared 3-star accommodations. Please inquire for a custom trip quote based on your travel preferences and travel dates.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.84 stars based on
Reviewed By Charlene C.
Reviewed By Y. H.
Reviewed By Blake T.
Reviewed By Les P.
Reviewed By Noushin D.
Reviewed By TK O.