Indulge while in near seclusion to find beaches gilded with rainforest and iridescent waters that hide coral jungles during your custom tailored tour of the islands on the Great Barrier Reef. Opulent white sand decorates the beaches and kangaroos bounce across the plains as clownfish hide in vibrant anemones and monitor lizards lounge on granite rocks to soak up the sun. Your journey will celebrate the picturesque scenery and unforgettable luxury found on the remote islands that dot Australia’s...
Day 1 - 2
Cairns – Arrive in Stunning Cairns, Gateway to the Great Barrier Reef
Cairns is a peaceful city nestled between the shimmering waters of the Coral Sea and the rustling jade canopy of the rainforest that blankets the Great Dividing Range. Locals linger along the grass that lines the esplanade and bask in the tropical sunlight. Large sculptures of exotic fish fly above the swimming lagoon that overlooks the idyllic shores as the scent of coconut sweeps across the coastline and sailboats glide over the sapphire hues of the water.
Your flight will land at Cairns Airport, and your private transfer will greet you upon your arrival and escort you to a luxurious hotel that offers pristine views to the graceful coast. The air fills with the fragrance of lush rainforest, hyacinth, and ocean and the remainder of the day is yours to explore the pleasures of the city. Flying foxes dangle in the trees that line the walkways, nibble on mangoes or rest in the shade. In the mountains, the Barron Falls thunder down the rugged precipice between the magnificent greenery as the hidden edges of the city reveal wondrous wetlands in which kingfishers perch and egrets graze. Mangrove trees abound around the serene boardwalk over the calm, reflective tributary.
Day 3 - 4
Cairns – Explore the Soft Sands and Gorgeous Waters of Green Island
Cairns – Visit the Secluded Landscape of Fitzroy Island on a Half-Day Tour
Lizard Island – Enjoy a Scenic Flight to Lizard Island for a Leisurely Day
Lizard Island – Relish Island Charm and Beauty at your Preferred Pace
Lizard Island – Discover the Great Barrier Reef with a Full Day Tour and Depart Home
Lizard Island – Depart for Home
- Relax in the unparalleled natural beauty, and contemporary luxury of the secluded islands found along the Great Barrier Reef’s Inner Reef
- Discover the wonders of iridescent fish, shimmering rainbow coral, and remarkable aquatic life while snorkeling or scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef
- Traverse the tropical landscape of Lizard Island and Hayman Island to enjoy eucalyptus forest, verdant woodlands, and breathtaking panoramas
- Sail the Whitsundays Archipelago to visit Whitehaven Beach, known for its soft silica sand and kaleidoscopic blend of sand and sea at Hill Inlet
- Search for dolphins, whales, kangaroos, and monitor lizards on the secluded island shores off of Queensland’s eastern seaboard
- Visit with a variety of sea turtles at the Turtle Rehabilitation Centre on Fitzroy Island
- Meet local scientists who investigate the Lizard Island Research Station for insight into the formation and constant evolution of the island and reef system
$10,525 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.86 stars based on
Reviewed By Charles S.
Reviewed By Dana D.
Reviewed By Judy J.
Reviewed By Tram A.
Reviewed By John G.
Reviewed By James Q.