From Hanoi’s French-colonial architecture to the iconic palaces of Hoa Lu and from Dong Van’s archaic mountain ranges to Lan Ha Bay’s age-old limestone islands, history runs deep in Northern Vietnam. There is a wealth to see and experience across the staggering landscape, so we have prepared a tour for senior adults that will lead you to the most endearing destinations, where you can partake in many of the most enthralling activities of Northern Vietnam. You will be at a loss for words as you...
Day 1 - 3
Hanoi – A Brilliant Balancing Act between Tradition and Innovation
The epicenter of Northern Vietnam is Hanoi, which is a gateway into the surreal cultural traditions that constitute the Vietnamese way of life and also captures the modern extravagance of some of the world’s premier destinations. It is a historical hub that will share an in-depth look into the country's dramatic past while providing endless educational entertainment as you wander across its bustling cityscape. Your vacation will begin in stylish fashion as your knowledgeable guide, sporting a lavish limousine, collects you from the airport and leads you to your luxurious hotel. You may exploit the laid-back afternoon atmosphere as you relax around the infinity pool or revitalize your jetlagged bodies and minds at your accommodation’s world-class spa. You can bask in the aromatic fragrances that emanate from the enlivening essential oils and allow the ancient wellness practices to soothe your stress before dining at a prestigious restaurant for your very first taste of Vietnamese food.
In the early hours of the morning, before the sun has peaked over the horizon, the markets will begin to burst with life. The tantalizing wafts of Nem Nuong Xa, which are lemongrass skewers of grilled meat, will drift through the air, and the sights of colorful hand-woven garments will catch the attention of your eager eyes. The sounds of locals as they move from stall to stall will bounce around the market walls. This will prove to be a satisfyingly exhausting experience that will leave you yearning for more Vietnamese flavor. Your experienced guide will then take you on a behind-the-scenes food tour to revered restaurants and celebrated eateries for a complete culinary immersion. You will sit down with chefs to learn what about local cuisine, which will allow you to discover the lengths that these passionate individuals go for their vocations. You will be amazed by the contrast of those who wish to retain traditions and those who hope to break new ground with their interpretations. Each captivating conversation and each mouth-watering bite will immerse you deeper into the culture of Vietnamese cuisine. The country’s history will unravel itself as you continue to Hanoi’s Old Quarter, which is a landmark destination that will seemingly take you back in time to the zenith of French influence. You will peruse the district and visit renowned museums and heritage sites to capture both the colonial architecture in all its magnificence and ancient artifacts that serve as lenses into the country’s tumultuous past.
Before you set off for your next destination, you will discover Vietnam’s beloved coffee culture and taste a cup of your favorite brew to enjoy amid the peaceful gardens that surround the famous West Lake. You will spend your final morning in Hanoi at your own pace, soaking in the sights and sounds that surround you under the shade of the towering trees and greenery.
Day 4 - 5
Hoa Lu – Eras of the Emperors
Day 6 - 8
Ha Giang – Postcard Scenes Teeming with Life
Day 9 - 10
Lao Cai – Hike the Breathtaking Terraces of Sapa
Day 11 - 12
Lan Ha Bay – Island Discovery on an Emerald Cove
Day 13 - 14
Cat Ba Island – Underwater Mysteries in Lan Ha Bay
- Indulge in a visit to the French-colonial Old Quarter of Hanoi and uncover the country’s captivating heritage amid the ancient architecture, monumental museums, and gorgeous galleries
- Immerse yourself in the streets of Hanoi on a behind-the-scenes food tour to traditional eateries and celebrated Michelin-starred restaurants
- Discover the eras of the Emperors in Hoa Lu as you venture to ornate edifices and palaces that cover the streets of the ancient capital
- Witness the Trang An Landscape Complex by rowing a boat and gliding across the calm rivers to witness the limestone mountains
- Traverse the luxuriant stretches of landscape that make up the Dong Van Karst UNESCO World Heritage Site of Geopark Plateau and Ma Pi Leng Pass en route to Heaven’s Gate
- Traverse the expansive topography of Sapa and view sweeping vistas of the golden-terraced rice paddies for which the region is most famous
- Cross the emerald waters of Ha Long Bay on a 5-star cruise liner that is bound for the secluded coves of Lan Ha Bay and kayak the gentle sea that is surrounded by imposing islands
- Luxuriate on the pearl-white shores of Cat Ba Island’s premier beaches and encounter the vibrant sea life as you snorkel the colorful coral reefs
$3,635 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.85 stars based on 506 reviews.
Reviewed By Marty H.
Reviewed By Alette V.
Reviewed By Quincy M.
Reviewed By Phil G.
Reviewed By Antonio (.
Reviewed By Mari R.