Let South Africa’s cosmopolitan cities seduce you, its vast, rich landscapes inspire you, its iconic animal sightings allure you, and its fabulous colorful birdlife enchant you on this safari and birding exploration from Umhlanga to Cederberg. On the journey, history and culture will come to life as nature awakens within the plains and bushveld surrounding you, an experience that will be richly rewarding.
Umhlanga - Embrace Umhlanga’s Refreshing Seaside Energy
Umhlanga embraces KwaZulu-Natal’s golden coast and typifies a glitzy South African seaside retreat. Sunlight reflects off the glass surfaces of lofty apartments, waves crash against the searing shoreline, and locals gather in boutique cafés overlooking the Indian Ocean. These quintessential Umhlanga scenes will welcome you to KwaZulu-Natal after a short transfer from King Shaka International Airport to your seaside accommodation. In the evening, spotlights illuminate the iconic red-tipped Umhlanga Lighthouse, and the moonlight sways with the swells. These spectacles will backdrop your scrumptious seafood dinner at one of Umhlanga’s premier restaurants.
Umhlanga - Living the High Life
Zulu Nyala Private Game Reserve - Nestled in the North Coast’s Rich Wilderness
Zulu Nyala Private Game Reserve - Breathtaking Birding Pilgrimage
Zulu Nyala Private Game Reserve - Boating across the St. Lucia Estuary
Zulu Nyala Private Game Reserve - Close Encounters with Africa’s Animals
andBeyond Phinda Private Game Reserve - An Afternoon Introduction to Phinda
andBeyond Phinda Private Game Reserve - Searching for the Big Five
andBeyond Phinda Private Game Reserve - Cultural Immersion and Wildlife Education
Makuleke Contractual Park - Private Retreat in the Greater Kruger Park
Makuleke Contractual Park - Fever Tree Forests and the Crook’s Corner
Makuleke Contractual Park - Spirited away by the Lanner Gorge
Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve - Spectacular Forest Scenes in Sabi Sands
Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve - Kruger Discoveries before Dawn
Cape Town - The Western Cape’s Prized Cityscape
Cape Town - A Detour through the Cityscape
Cape Town - Bird Watching at Cape Point
Cape Town - Taste Tours of the Cape Winelands
Cederberg - Bushmans Kloof World of Fynbos
Cederberg - Art and Culture beneath the Cederberg Mountains
Cederberg - Goodbyes to the Historically Rich and Wildly Diverse
- Relish a unique birding bushwalk through Zulu Nyala Private Game Reserve that will allow you to scan the sprawling bushveld in search of the North Coast’s iconic feathered creatures
- Climb into a boat settling sail across the St. Lucia Estuary and capture the remarkable wildlife sightings and birdlife experiences that await on the banks of this picturesque riverside setting
- Attune with nature as you come closer to cheetahs and elephants than ever before during a visit to the Emdoneni Cat Rehabilitation Centre and Elephant Interaction near Hluhluwe
- Scour the open plains and low-lying bushveld mapped across Phinda game reserve in search of Africa’s iconic and sensational Big Five animals, which includes lions, leopards, rhinos, elephants, and cape buffaloes
- Visit a traditional Zulu village and delve into the rich history and heritage of the local community as you witness customary performances and tuck into their distinct cuisine during your stay
- Step into the groves of the world’s largest fever tree forest and admire the breathtaking riverside spectacles that will present themselves to you during an exploration of Crook’s Corner in Makuleke Contractual Park
- Explore Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve before the sun rises as your guide illuminates the bushveld with a spotlight and you survey the landscape for hunting predators, nocturnal birds, and more
- Travel through Cape Town city’s suburban and heritage districts, visiting fabled museums and contemporary art galleries that showcase the height of South African creative talent and the country’s memorable history
- Wander along the Cape coastline to Cape Point, stopping at sparkling Blue Flag beaches en route and capturing the incredible birdlife that finds refuge in the region’s nourishing environments
- Learn more about wine alongside a sommelier during visits to the Cape Winelands elite estates, where you will savor the award-winning vintages, peer into the barrel-laden cellars, and absorb the region’s mesmerizing vistas
$16,375 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.93 stars based on
Reviewed By Adam K.
Reviewed By alicia a.
Reviewed By Karen L.
Reviewed By Amie S.
Reviewed By Isabelle G.
Reviewed By Rachna V.