From elephants in Tarangire to wildebeest in the Serengeti, this 9-day overland Tanzania safari for seniors leads you on a leisurely exploration of the world’s finest wildlife refuges. Featuring private game drives and exceptional camps, this is an epic journey into the wilderness with all the comfort you need as a senior traveler. Expect thrilling Big Five moments and remarkable intimacy throughout your safari.
Arusha – The Frame of Mt. Kilimanjaro
Natural wonder will inspire you from the moment you land in Tanzania. Mt. Kilimanjaro soars five kilometers above the plains, and its snow-capped cone is a symbol of the country’s natural mystery. It will serve as a home base for your first afternoon and evening. After meeting your private driver at the airport, you will travel beneath Kilimanjaro’s frame to a small lodge outside Arusha. Here, you can rest, relax, and listen to the bushbabies as an African sunset paints the sky.
Tarangire – Stunning Elephant Encounters
Tarangire – Easing into the Safari
Ngorongoro Crater – Baboons and Tree-Climbing Lions
Ngorongoro Crater – Africa’s Wildlife Eden
Serengeti – The History of Mankind
Serengeti – On the Epic Grasslands
Serengeti – All the Big Cats
Serengeti – Safari Flight and Departure
- Uncover the wonders of the Serengeti with three days of game drives on East Africa’s seemingly endless grasslands
- Surround yourself with elephants during two incredible days in Tarangire National Park
- Descend into Ngorongoro Crater to discover a remarkable Eden, where 30,000 animals congregate
- Spend a night beneath the magical frame of Mount Kilimanjaro and be enveloped by Tanzania’s natural mystery
- Explore human evolution by visiting Olduvai Gorge, where the secrets to mankind are still being excavated
- Track enormous wildebeest and zebra herds across the Serengeti, which is an easy way to come across the big cats
- Encounter incredible species in Lake Manyara, including tree-climbing lions and the world’s largest baboon population
- Sleep in some of Tanzania’s finest safari camps, which are places that fully immerse you in the sights and sounds of the bush
- Enjoy a Big Five safari in their natural habitat and game drives that connect four incredibly diverse national parks
$4,045 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.91 stars based on 338 reviews.
Reviewed By Dave F.
Reviewed By Elise F.
Reviewed By Beth A.
Reviewed By Monique L.
Reviewed By Lori S.
Reviewed By Diane D.