Embrace perfection in the majesty of Sri Lanka, discovering ancient temples and captivating wilderness on your custom-tailored tour. Enjoy the majestic mists of a staggering waterfall as it trundles over a cliff. Relish the unique view of Asian elephants wandering in the plains. Scour the treetops for leopards and toque macaques. Travel the trails leading to a summit sacred to Buddhists, Muslims, Christians, and Hindus. Whether participating in the exhilarating drumbeats of a traditional performance...
Kandy – A Cultural Introduction
Kandy was the last royal capital of Sri Lanka and maintains a majestic ambiance drifting through the streets and across the surface of the cobalt lake. Your flight lands at Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo, the contemporary capital of Sri Lanka. Rickshaws peddle through the streets. The aromas of cinnamon, cumin, and ginger emanate from the spice market in the Pettah district. Your private transfer greets you upon your arrival and escorts you out of the bustling city en route to Kandy. The gorgeous scenery of the countryside comes to life in the form of jade fern trees, soaring palms, and emerald underbrush.
The road leads you into the hills, framing the lake as the centerpiece of the city at an altitude of 1,640 feet above sea level. It feels as though the cooler hilltop temperature creates a more relaxed pace. You settle into the comforts of your stunning accommodation that overlooks the placid hills of the lake. Palm trees grow out of the central island as boats take to the water to offer scenic views of the cityscape. Your guide greets you in the lobby, eager to introduce you to the cherished culture and preserved history on display in Kandy, beginning in the Ceylon Tea Museum. The galleries are located inside a 1920s former tea factory, offering displays of the pioneers of tea cultivation in Sri Lanka, including Thomas Lipton.
Antique machines and paraphernalia provide insight into the traditional process of harvesting and tea drinking still practiced throughout the country. The gallery on the top floor fills with the scent of steeping black tea and sweet treats, as it houses the tearoom. In the evening, you partake in the traditional Kandyan drum and dance performance located near the Temple of the Sacred Tooth. The beat of the drum accompanies dancers draped in elegant white garments adorned with bejeweled accents. They carry on the tradition of the kings and captivate onlookers. At the end of the performance, locals and visitors alike form a grand procession making its way to the Tempe of the Sacred Tooth to view the relic of Buddha’s tooth held within the shrine.
Bogawantalawa – Perfection in the Landscape
Bogawantalawa – To the Top of the Peak
Yala National Park – Following the Buddhist Trail
Yala National Park– On the Footsteps of Wildlife
Colombo – Alluring Capital Streets
Colombo – Perfect End to a Perfect Week
- Discover the wonders of wildlife in Yala National Park to find elephants, leopards, monkeys, and 215 different types of avifauna
- Witness the marvelous ancient Buddha figures etched into the cliffs at the Buduruwagala Temple
- Trek to the top of Adam’s Peak at an altitude of more than 7,350 feet, one of the most spiritual sites in Sri Lanka
- Relish a private tour of a historic tea plantation to learn the art and continued process of cultivating the delicate and delicious leaves
- View the marvels of Kandyan Drum and Dance performance for insight into the continued traditions of movement and music
- Witness the stunning landscape and countryside while trekking to Devon Falls to view the nearly 320-foot tall cascade
- Revel in the unique ambiance of visiting a Buddhist temple complex erected more than two millennia ago at Tissamaharama Raja Maha Vihara
$2,095 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of Zicasso's Referral Service
4.67 stars based on
Reviewed By Andrew T.
Reviewed By Julia B.
Reviewed By Chrishona H.
Reviewed By Jessica M.
Reviewed By Russell W.
Reviewed By Jonathan L.