Delight in the many flavors of Spain’s gastronomy during this 15-day tour of Spain. This adventure focuses on the world-renowned Iberian cured ham. Wander Spain’s bustling metropolises, encounter its hidden villages, and learn about the culinary history of this country at each turn. Immerse yourself in Spain’s splendid nature and fascinating history with two incredible weeks to enjoy it all.
Salamanca - Begin Your Adventure
Spain is one of the culinary capitals of the world, and your tour will highlight some of its most popular cuisines. Your first day will have you touching down in Madrid before your transfer to your luxurious accommodation in Salamanca. The rest of your day will be at your leisure, so you can wander the city and stop by one of the many fabulous restaurants for your first dinner in Spain.
Salamanca - Salamanca’s City Center
Caceres - Introduction to Iberian Ham
Caceres - The Old Town of Caceres
Seville - Archeological Sites and Vineyards
Seville - Seville’s History and a Flamenco Show
Seville - Iberian Ham Experience
Cordoba - The Architecture of Ancient Cordoba
Cordoba - Sample Olive Oil and Wine
Cordoba - Iberian Ham Tour
Granada - The Splendor of the Alhambra Palace
Granada - Sierra Nevada National Park
Madrid - Arrive in Spain’s Capital
Madrid - Free Day to Explore
Madrid - Bid Spain Farewell
- Wander through the city center of Salamanca while its famous cathedrals and expansive plazas tower over you
- Spend a day sampling Spain’s world-renowned Iberian ham in the countryside in addition to visiting museums, delis, and pig farms
- Whip around Seville to witness its iconic sights with your expert guide before attending a Flamenco show
- Delight in a trip to the mountainous Sierra de Aracena National Park to try your hand at carving Iberian ham in cellars that maintain the perfect climate for curing the ham
- Explore Cordoba’s Mosque and Palace while learning about the varied and multi-cultural past of this charming city
- Enjoy family-run olive oil mills and boutique wineries in the hills of Montilla while learning the history of both these products in Spain
- Revel in the massive spires of Granada’s celebrated Alhambra palace, and discover the Moorish history and influence on this region
- Traverse the local towns of Sierra Nevada National Park and visit a local weaving factory before a delectable lunch of ham and cheese
- Immerse yourself in the culture, history, art, and many museums that Madrid has to offer with expert historian guides
$10,720 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.96 stars based on
Reviewed By Peggy C.
Reviewed By KEVIN S.
Reviewed By Maria Y.
Reviewed By Megan G.
Reviewed By SUSAN S.
Reviewed By Amanda G.