From Madrid to Barcelona, this 10-day tour through some of Spain's most memorable cities will leave you well-acquainted with the best of each region you visit. The regal brilliance of Madrid's royal palace will leave you breathless, and an exploration of Barcelona's artistic legacy will remind you of how inspired living looks. By the time the tour ends, you will understand why so many fall in love with Spain.
Madrid – Cultural and Culinary Capital
As the beating heart of Spanish culture, Madrid is an excellent place to begin your exploration of the heritage, cuisine, and rich culture of Spain. The city center presents visitors with a head-spinning array of scenic parks, charismatic street performers, and medieval and early modern architecture. After arriving, a transfer will convey you swiftly from the outskirts to the city center and your conveniently located hotel. In the afternoon, the rich culture on display will be revealed through a guided art walk, which will include the Prado and a host of other world-renowned galleries.
Madrid – Finding Your Rhythm
Madrid – Day Trip to Toledo
San Sebastian – Coastal Heart of Basque Country
San Sebastian – Famous Basque Pintxos
San Sebastian – Day Trip Along the Coast
Barcelona – A Catalunan Adventure
Barcelona – The City Highlights
Barcelona – The Legacy of Antoni Gaudi
Barcelona – A Reluctant Departure
- Amble along the Paseo del Prado on a guided walking tour of Madrid's main art district and witness the intricate architecture of the buildings
- Experience the Spanish love affair with open plazas on a tour of Madrid's vibrant city center, where narrow alleys open up to stunning views of palaces and monuments
- Explore the legendary town of Toledo and witness the impact of centuries worth of Jewish, Islamic, and Christian influence on the magnificent art and architecture
- Plunge into the proud traditions and rural beauty of the Basque region, where tapas are called pintxos and a strong cultural identity remains
- Scale the slopes of the scenic Mt. Igueldo and be rewarded with some stunning views of the town, beach, and majestic coastline
- Wander the mysterious Old Town of Barcelona, where George Orwell fought in the Spanish Civil War and got the inspiration to write 1984
- Ponder the artistic brilliance of Picasso on a visit to his museum tucked in a medieval palace in the heart of Barcelona's city center
- Crane your neck upward to soak up the indescribable views of the inside and outside of Antoni Gaudi's La Sagrada Familia cathedral, which is still under construction after over 100 years
- Stroll along the waterfront of Barcelona, where the views of the Mediterranean will take your breath away, and award-winning restaurants are only steps away
$2,925 per person (excluding international flights)
- In-country transportation
- Some or all activities and tours
- Expert trip planning
- 24x7 support during your trip
Your final trip cost will vary based on your selected accommodations, activities, meals, and other trip elements that you opt to include.
Reviews of this Travel Agency
4.88 stars based on 224 reviews.
Reviewed By Richard P.
Reviewed By Jim F.
Reviewed By Jean S.
Reviewed By Sonya J.
Reviewed By Anne R.
Reviewed By Elayne L.